Email me new jobs like these
With 250 staff and lawyers working across five offices nationwide, Hempsons is a leading law firm for health and social care, charities and social enterprises. Our aim is to provide outstanding legal services that deliver the best possible client outcomes, whilst nurturing a distinctive team culture that makes us a great place to work.
We are looking for looking for a commercial lawyer with strong experience in some or all of these areas to develop their careers within a busy national team:
• commercial contracts
• IT projects
• public procurement
• public sector business transfers, reorganisations and collaborations
Recent projects handled by the team include:
• Procurement advice on national, regional and local procurement exercises for health and healthcare-related products and services.
• Contracting arrangements for national screening services, data analytics, imaging, electronic patient records, hospital management systems.
• Health and care service transfers and collaborations for service delivery
We offer you the opportunity to work alongside an experienced team who are involved in interesting and high profile work and are renowned experts their fields.
You will receive support and mentoring, and will be exposed to interesting work.
You will be encouraged to become involved in business development and client relationship management and you will be supported to develop your practice.
You can be based at any of our offices.
The role is within an established, busy and ambitious corporate-commercial department of around 20 lawyers nationally. The department as a whole focuses on:
• NHS – national, regional and local NHS organisations and collaborations
• Healthcare corporate - dental and social care corporates and investors
• Primary care – GP partnerships, federations, provider organisations, PCNs etc.
• Social care – public, independent and third sector providers
• Independent healthcare - providers and suppliers
• Charities and social enterprises
• Whilst supporting SME’s in other sectors
Our lawyers appreciate the quality and variety of the projects we work on, and the level of interest and challenge they bring. We work collaboratively and strive to avoid silos, at the same time as encouraging people to play to their strengths.
Skills and Competencies
• A solid grounding in relevant areas of law gained within a Legal 500 firm or in-house is essential.
• Experience of working with the health and social care sectors and/or charities would be advantageous.
• A strong teamwork ethos, we work with colleagues across all five offices.
• An appreciation of the value our clients bring to society and our role in helping to achieve those goals
• Excellent organisational skills
• Compliance with internal and client data security guidelines
Hempsons is an equal opportunities employer
Hempsons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and to encouraging diversity through recruitment. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community and decisions to progress will be made with reference to entirely objective criteria only.
Hempsons is an agile firm and is open to discussions over flexible/hybrid working
We are collecting this company information for you and we'll make it available soon.