Email me new jobs like these
CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL SOLICITOR REQUIRED
Our client, specialist solicitors renowned for a professional yet personal service that has been advising businesses and individuals in Hertfordshire and across the country since the early 1800’s, seeks a Corporate and Commercial Solicitor with 5-10 years PQE.
The firm are ranked in the legal directories Chambers UK and The Legal 500 and hold many accreditations.
The purpose of the role is to join our busy team working on a range of company commercial matters, as well as develop relationships with new clients and to be actively involved in business development. The successful candidate will work alongside the company commercial partner, a solicitor and supported by a secretary.
The ideal applicant will be between 5 and 10 years PQE level with broad company and commercial experience.
The candidate will be a specialist in a wide range of non-contentious company and corporate work including mergers and acquisitions, corporate sales, restructures and associated transactions, joint ventures, LLPs, partnerships, and corporate finance with experience of commercial work an advantage.
The position represents a great opportunity for a solicitor to work alongside the Head of
Department to assist in the development of the company and commercial offering and
enhance the client base in that regard. You will naturally be enthusiastic and committed, able to take a flexible attitude to work and keen to contribute to the growth of the firm. Experience of commercial contract work is a further advantage. A strong commitment to working in Hertfordshire and adjacent counties is desirable. A natural ‘self-starter’, the candidate should also feel comfortable in a range of business development activities. There is no requirement for a following for this position.
In addition to the caseload the successful candidate will be expected to be actively involved in business development including presenting of seminars, writing articles and blogs, networking within the business community, and with key referrers primarily in Hertfordshire and London.
Skills, experience and qualifications
• A qualified and practising solicitor with 5-10 years PQE in company corporate
• Strong academic record
• Full-time position
• Knowledge and practical experience of company commercial work.
• Experience of and a real interest in business development.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to develop a relationship of trust with clients
and colleagues alike
• Ability to draft letters to a high standard and with attention to detail
• Meet with clients without supervision to take instructions and advise on matters
• Present seminars and workshops on topics within your area of practice to existing
and prospective clients
• Track record of achieving career, financial (including fee targets) and business
• Great enthusiasm to engage in networking and business development.
• Commercially minded
• Strong organisational skills and verbal communicator
• Must be able to lead corporate transactions
• Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding of clients’ needs
• Ability to use initiative to seek opportunities to raise the firm’s profile and to recognise
new business opportunities
• Ability to deal with a large volume of work, managing conflicting priorities whilst
ensuring that every job is handled with the highest levels of accuracy and care
• An effective team player, combined with an ability to work under own initiative
• Well-developed IT skills including Microsoft Office and use of an integrated Case
For full details or to apply please contact Natalie Mayger at The Recruiter Ltd. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The Recruiter Legal Specialists, with over twenty five years’ experience of recruiting for the Legal Profession. We offer varying solutions to our clients’ requirements, and candidates’ career development.
Covering a National geographical area working with a spectrum of Law Firms within the UK.
We are collecting this company information for you and we'll make it available soon.