Excellent opportunity to join an established and successful business as a Litigation Funding Manager.
You'll work remotely with occasional travel to London and/or Basingstoke.
- You will be responsible for all law firm operations activity
- You'll ensure processes are in place to deliver outstanding quality, productivity, and satisfaction for internal and external stakeholders alike, ensuring compliance with all relevant policies and processes
- You will lead a small team to support the processing and oversight activities
- Management and supervisory responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) - Risk processes and procedures to be followed with any key risks identified; Identify and contribute to the delivery of business improvements; Provide internal and external support; Lead the team to achieve the Key Performance Indicators and suggest appropriate plans where any shortfalls are identified; Conduct audits - remotely and occasionally on site
- You will have experience file handling and proven litigation experience
- A solid understanding of law firm claims processes
- Able to interpret accounts, financial statements and WIP reporting; audit and interpret case progression via case management systems (Proclaim/Leap/Clio); monitor and review Management Information and draw conclusions
- Experience of managing operational departments in a legal/specialised lending environment
- You will have line management experience with track record of developing and managing people
WHAT'S ON OFFER
- Salary of up to £50,000 (Dependant on experience)
- Bonus' of up to 20%
- 25 days holiday + BH
- CIPD study support on offer (inc time off for study)
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Litigation managers guide and manage the staff of legal assistants or paralegals in defending the lawsuits against a company. They oversee the progress of the assigned tasks and make sure that all of them are completed on time. They are consulted before important business decisions to avoid potential lawsuits. They assign the cases and supervise the legal assistants.
Most employers require commercial litigation experience for litigation management jobs. You need to be a qualified lawyer or an experienced manager with legal background to be eligible for applying to this position. Good leadership qualities and skills are essential for the role and you ought to be efficient at document management systems and trial representation.
The average per annum income for litigation manager jobs varies depending on the factors like the employer and job responsibilities. The managers working at bigger firms make more money than the ones employed at small companies. Overall, the litigation managers are offered competitive salary packages including benefits like healthcare, a pension scheme, performance bonuses, paid holidays, and more.
If you are a lawyer and long to make your career in litigation, the job will be gratifying and monetarily rewarding. You can gain experience and grab an opportunity at a big company that helps you grow professionally and financially. Check Simply Law Jobs for vacancies available at popular and top employers in the UK!
Currently, there are plenty of job openings for litigation managers in the UK. Statistics show that the position has promising prospects and the employment opportunities for this role are likely to get even better in the future. Pursuing your career in commercial litigation can thus turn out to be a great choice.
Litigation managers work on defending a company against civil lawsuits. They help the employer with making decisions that protect from getting into a lawsuit. They can be lawyers or individuals with civil litigation experience. They manage and assist the in-house team of attorneys, legal assistants, and paralegals. They handle the caseloads and make sure that all the work is done in an efficient manner. At bigger firms, assigning cases and supervising work is in the litigation manager job description. The managers can be practising or retired attorneys. They have to ensure that the project/department goals are accomplished. They have to provide the performance report to the legal executive.
The responsibilities of litigation managers include providing advice and support to the legal assistants or paralegals doing the paperwork for defending the lawsuit against the company. They hire the new staff and train them on how to get prepped up for a court hearing. They have to act as the key point of contact for clients and stakeholders. They track and manage the performance of the team and give them regular feedback. They identify more effective ways of working for the team like utilisation of technology and processes. They coordinate with the partners and lawyers to explore more business opportunities and maintain quality assurance for the litigation processes.
Experience and interest in contentious legal work are a must-have for this role. Leadership and management qualities are required for the job as it involves providing guidance to the legal assistants and managing the lawsuits’ work. Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills will come in handy for handling the department and team. Organisation and time management skills will help with monitoring the assigned tasks and completing them within the given deadlines. Communication skills are essential for the position, to interact and coordinate effectively with different teams. Finding and applying to your desired position in the law industry is quite easy with Simply Law Jobs!
Do you wish to replace the existing data in your profile with data from your new CV upload?