Email me new jobs like these
Public Procurement & Contracts Solicitors, North Yorkshire
Lovely national firm has an opportunity for a solicitor to join its North Yorkshire office and work on a wide range of commercial and procurement matters with a young, approachable partner.
More on the role
- The firm is a leading firm in the healthcare, social care, charity and social enterprise sectors but also deals with a range of private sector businesses
- The company commercial team is broad-ranging but this particular role focuses on commercial contracts and procurement matters
- You will gain exposure to the full range of commercial contracts and collaborative projects
- On the procurement side, you will get involved in complex high value procurements for national screening services, data analytics, imaging, electronic patient records, hospital management systems and a wide range of other services
More about you
- You will be a fairly junior commercial lawyer with around 2-4PQE
- Ideally you will have gained some exposure to public procurement matters, but this is not essential and a demonstrable interest is enough
- This is a growing area of expertise in the legal profession and a great area to add to your skillset as procurement lawyers are invariably hard to find when we take a new role to market
- You will have a strong teamwork mindset as the team works nationally across a number of offices
- You will have a practical and commercial approach but also an aptitude for working with clients in the public sector who can have different demands and a different approach
- Top of the market salaries for North Yorkshire
- Excellent benefits package
- A growing are of law, fantastic career potential
- Friendly approachable team
- Nurturing culture makes it a great place to work
Apply now if this is an opportunity of interest to you!
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
English libel law covers the rules, regulations, and courses of action to deal with cases in which individuals or companies have been defamed causing them a loss in profession/trade. The defendant has to provide evidence of the malice in order to get compensated. The Defamation Act 2013 has further strengthened the criteria for claims.
The libel/defamation law jobs are defamation lawyers, libel lawyers, and reputation and information litigation lawyers. For defamation lawyer jobs, the eligibility criteria include having a law degree with strong academic background, commercial propensity, excellent communication, and organisation skills. The potential candidates also need to have a PQE of 2-5 years working on defamation matters.
The average per annum defamation lawyer and libel lawyer salary varies depending on the factors like the kind of position, experience/expertise required, job responsibilities, and the employer. Overall, the defamation and libel lawyers in the UK make good money. They are offered competitive salary packages with benefits like career progression opportunities, a flexible work environment, and more.
You can make a lucrative career in defamation/libel law if you have the passion to excel in this practice area. Working on different defamation, libel, and slander law cases will enhance your litigation and other skills, improving the prospects of landing a more financially rewarding and promising job opportunity at a sought-after law firm.
Currently, there are many defamation lawyer vacancies and other job opportunities in libel law. As long as the individuals and organisations need legal support regarding defamation and slander matters, these lawyers and solicitors will be in demand. Submit your job applications quickly through an easy-to-build professional profile on Simply Law Jobs!
The libel/defamation law jobs are defamation lawyers, libel lawyers, reputation and information litigation lawyers, and libel/defamation solicitors. To apply for defamation and libel lawyer jobs, the qualifications are having a law degree with 2-5 years of PQE in handling defamation matters and commercial awareness. The lawyers and solicitors aspiring to work on defamation and libel cases need to have attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills as well. Reputation and information litigation lawyers are required to have commercial litigation experience and exposure to handling reputation protection and crisis management cases with the ability to work in a team and manage a busy caseload.
The duties of a defamation lawyer include advising the clients regarding defamation claims and representing them in libel/slander and data protection cases. These lawyers provide legal guidelines and support on preventing the publication of personal information of the clients which include celebrities and businesses. They provide the course of action on how to go about prohibiting the publication of defamatory blogs and other online materials. The reputation and information litigation lawyers give legal counsel and act on behalf of the clients who have received reputation and privacy threats. They also give legal support on matters pertaining to leaks to the media, data breaches, and breaches of confidence.
Having a commercial acumen is important for pursuing a career as a libel/defamation lawyer. The defamation law jobs require strong drafting skills. The ability to perform within a team is required for lawyers and solicitors wanting to work in defamation law. Organisation skills and the capability to juggle different duties are also needed for the jobs in this practice area. Analytical and problem-solving skills will help with coming up with effective solutions to disputes and other issues. Individuals with strong interpersonal skills will better fit in the defamation law roles. Get notified about the jobs matching your qualifications and experience by signing into Simply Law Jobs!