An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Civil Litigation Solicitor to join an award winning firm in North Leeds.
The firm is dedicated to delivering a friendly, personal and dedicated service which puts clients first by delivering traditional law in modern ways.
Reporting to the Head of the Civil and Financial Litigation Department and working closely with the Director in order to develop and promote their service offering, the role is diverse and will cover all areas of civil practice and dispute resolution. The successful candidate will be required to manage a case load of civil matters, with 1+ PQE, and with experience of handling a range of civil litigation matters.
The role will involve:
* Taking instructions from new clients
* Providing oral and written advice to clients in relation to their dispute
* Drafting court documents
* Negotiating settlements
* Providing Independent Legal Advice to clients in relation to personal guarantees, loans and mortgages.
* Providing support and advice to Corporate and Commercial clients who are retained by our Property Department and Employment Department.
* Assisting the Director
* Plus, any additional duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be expected in accordance with the role.
* 1+ PQE
* Fast & Multi Track Litigation experience
* Experience of handling a case load of varied civil matters with minimal supervision
* Experience of handling claims in Professional Negligence, Breach of Contract, Misrepresentation, and Defamation are preferable, however as the role is so diverse other experience will be considered.
* Experience of acting on behalf of large commercial clients.
* Knowledge and understanding of Financial Services Litigation (i.e mortgages, loans, pensions, investments)
* Experience and understanding handling Landlord and Tenant disputes
Do you wish to replace the existing data in your profile with data from your new CV upload?