7 months ago
The Linklaters’ trusts team combines a strong and broadly based commercial trusts practice with equally expert private client and charities practices.
Individuals seek Linklaters’ expertise when setting up onshore and offshore trusts and making wills or gifts. Trustees rely on the firm’s advice on making distributions and changing the terms of their trust. Charities consult the team if they want to alter their constitution or are unsure whether they can make a particular type of grant.
The team also often works on matters originating from the firm’s pre-eminent global corporate department, usually where a trust is part of the structure of a transaction or undertaking or a body of trustees is party to the transaction.
Key Responsibilities and Challenges
- Providing trusts and tax advice to private clients, charities and as part of commercial transactions on which Linklaters is advising
- Taking instructions internally or externally
- Researching the appropriate primary and secondary sources to correctly identify and analyse issues
- Advising client, judging appropriately when to seek advice and when to advise without supervision
- Drafting using the correct precedents
- Reviewing documentation while appreciating legal and commercial arguments and client goals
- Meeting deadlines
Client Relationship Management
- Exceeding client expectations by anticipating client needs, resolving problems, delivering practical and commercial solutions
- Enhancing team’s client knowledge
- Relaying client feedback to the responsible Partner
- Building and maintaining co-operative, communicative relationships with the client team
- Contributing effectively in client meetings
- Maintaining knowledge of latest commercial and legal intelligence or market situation and its impact on the business
- Participating in recruitment initiatives, client marketing and developing networks with other professionals, participating at conferences or professional organisations
- Identifying opportunities for and being proactive in obtaining further work
This role will be open from 19 February 2018 to 18 April 2018. A competitive salary package will be offered for this role.
Characteristics, Skills & Experience required
· Between 2-5 years’ experience of providing UK trusts and tax advice with commercial acumen.
· Technical excellence
· Analytical ability
· Concise and objective verbal and written communication
· Listening skills.
· Team player
· Honest and reliable
· Perseverance and resilience
· Performs well under pressure
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link below.