Main purpose and objectives
The main purpose of the role is to provide typing and administrative support to our Trusts & Estates Department.
Key tasks and responsibilities
· Digital dictation and insertion of dictation into letters and forms;
· Administering client matters using SOS case management system;
· Client care and excellent customer service;
· Meeting speculative clients on an exploratory basis and answering generic queries;
· Assisting with Will Preparation;
· Registering and drafting of LPAs and EPAs;
· Assisting with straightforward estates;
· Drafting IHT 205 forms;
· Administering liquidation of assets and distribution of the estate;
· Any other duties deemed to be within the capability of the post holder.
· Familiar with the legal administration of Probate, Wills, Trusts and Estates;
· Passionate about giving outstanding client care and service;
· Excellent interpersonal and team working skills;
· Accurate and articulate in written and spoken communication (including excellent spelling and grammar);
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
· Ability to use own initiative to problem solve;
· Excellent administrative, planning, organisation and time management skills to meet deadlines;
· Proficient in the use of IT, including all MS Office applications, email and internet.
Talbots Law is proud to be an Employee Ownership Trust. We are the only Employee Owned Law Firm in the West Midlands.
Talbots is a Values led Company with a shared vision of “Working every day to be the best” for our clients and for each other.
We are passionate about people being the best that they can be. We do this by providing an excellent and comprehensive package of Company benefits and by supporting every member of the Company with their ongoing career progression:
Please visit our website www.TalbotsLaw.co.uk for a full list of our offices across Staffordshire, Worcestershire and the West Midlands and to read about the full range of legal services that we provide to businesses and individuals, both regionally and nationally.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we hold the Disability Confident accreditation.
* Our Company-wide Talbots Bonus Scheme has been in place for several years. Our EOT obligations set out that a minimum of 20% of the Company’s net profit will be distributed tax-free (NI applies) equally between all employees each year.