10 months ago
Who we are looking for
The market leading Financial Services Treasury team is looking for a Senior Associate with a strong background in Treasury management processes or Advisory skills in the Banking, Insurance or Asset Management sectors and looking to develop a specialism in Treasury.
About the team
Our FS Treasury team has a successful track record in working with clients across a broad spectrum of the Financial Services insurance industry, including banks, asset managers, hedge funds, pension funds and insurance companies. Our clients are predominantly London based and we also operate across UK, Europe, Middle East and Emerging Markets.
We help our clients meet their Treasury requirements spanning across target operating model design & implementation, system design & roll-out, regulatory change, operational & control optimisation, programme management, debt issuance and filling senior Treasury roles through secondments.
We work closely with other specialist teams within PwC including consulting, regulatory, actuarial and tax to successfully deliver independent advice to our clients.
To support our revenue growth we are seeking to expand our team with new talent at Senior Associate level.
About the role
The role will play a key role in advisory business development and delivery with Financial Services clients in areas including
* Benchmarking Treasury function effectiveness, including providing detailed review of policies and procedures.
* Designing & implementing Treasury Target Operating Models transformation in line with good peer practice.
* Enhancing process and controls around cash, liquidity and market risk management.
* Optimising balance sheet management activities and improved ALCO & Board reporting.
* Performing second & third line oversight of Treasury activities.
* Advising on internal/external funding including debt issuance & buy-backs.
* Designing & rolling out Treasury regulatory & management change.
* Designing system functionality, selecting system vendors, rolling-out related functionality and associated technology
We are looking for individuals with strong knowledge of Financial Services activities, advisory skills and understanding of good practice across governance & controls, processes, systems and people to lead our engagements.
Our team has built a reputation for hosting regular thought leadership meetings across industry sectors, which has allowed us to build a wide network with clients, in support of revenue growth and strong pipeline of future work. The role actively participates and drives components of these meetings.
* Provide support to clients planning to raise external debt. This requires a knowledge of financial accounting to support the comfort on statutory figures, enquiries with management, management accounts review, and board minutes review
* Provide broad technical accounting advice for clients
* Support a range of treasury related activities
* Assist on Treasury engagements including reviews of treasury risk management policies, processes, controls, and procedures. Also, supporting the development of market, credit and liquidity management programs supported by senior colleagues
* Support training sessions, both internally and to clients externally
* Working as part of a Treasury project team on client site
* Working as part of team to developing treasury management solutions for clients including end to end straight through processing and systems
* Prepare reports & present findings/recommendations for review by senior members of the team.
Essential skills and experience
* Accounting qualification, ideally working towards a Treasury qualification or equivalent
* Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret financial and non-financial information
* Treasury management within Financial Services
* Consulting within Financial Services
* Attention to detail
* Project management
* Senior stakeholder and Client relationship management
* Drive and determination to succeed in a fast pace environment
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.