11 months ago
TRANSACTIONAL CONSTRUCTION ASSOCIATE/SENIOR ASSOCIATE – ANY UK OFFICE
We are currently looking to recruit talented transactional (non-contentious) construction lawyers to join our Projects team in our UK offices (Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London or Manchester). The nature of the structure of the construction lawyers within the Projects team nationally means that we can be flexible on PQE and finding good quality candidates is more important than a particular level of PQE. We are however looking for candidates with good construction experience so candidates should be between 4-10 years PQE.
Please outline the preferred location in the application.
The Candidate Required
The successful candidates will have a strong grounding in transactional construction work in the energy, infrastructure and/or property related sectors and on high profile, market leading projects for sophisticated and demanding clients.
This is a dynamic team where every team member can make his or her own mark. Senior associates are a key part of the team's development and are expected to take responsibility for leading on projects, developing and leading client relationships, contributing to the team's business development plans, focusing on sector activity and supporting the growth of more junior team members.
The role is wide-ranging, will focus on and include:
· developing on-going relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
· developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
· taking an active role in our campaigns, the developments of our products and pitching for new work.
The successful candidates will:
· have gained experience in a firm with an established construction practice;
· demonstrate experience of acting in a leading role in key transactions, being a self-starter and taking responsibility for client service;
· be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues;
· be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
· be receptive to different ways of working including strong project management;
· have interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
What will we offer you?
· We are the market leading team, yet remain dynamic with ambition and the opportunity to continue to grow.
· A collaborative environment where colleagues work together across offices, and countries to produce outstanding results for our clients.
· Colleagues who are leading specialists in construction law and practice.
· A first class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in construction. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
· The opportunity to be part of a team working on stand out high profile international, national and local assignments.
Background to the Projects team
We are a tier 1 practice in our locations with an unrivalled reputation in acting for employers, developers, funders, project companies, contractors, consultants and insurers. We act for over half of the UK's top 50 contractors, a large number of the top contractors worldwide and an impressive range of private and public sector clients. Our transactional construction lawyers act across the sectors including energy (nuclear, renewables, conventional and oil and gas), infrastructure, real estate, waste, education, transport and health.
Pinsent Masons is an international law firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in its deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which its clients operate. With over 1,500 lawyers operating from 23 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, Pinsent Masons is well-placed to advise on complex multi-jurisdictional matters across a full range of legal disciplines.
In recent years it has achieved more tier 1 rankings in The Legal 500 UK guide than any other firm, and is recognised among the most innovative law firms in Europe by the Financial Times. The firm has significant international credentials in the global energy, infrastructure, real estate, financial services and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate and M&A, commercial, competition, litigation and arbitration, banking, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, projects, pensions, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans, technology and tax advice.
Pinsent Masons stands out in particular for its innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and has also developed Cerico, a cloud-based regulatory compliance solution. It has developed long-term service agreements, often referred to as ‘sole adviser’ relationships, with a number of blue-chip organisations. Pinsent Masons has also recently acquired a global Diversity and Inclusion consultancy, Brook Graham which further enhances the firm's innovative and market leading offering.
For more details, please contact our in house Senior Recruitment Advisor Tia Jawed who can discuss the role and requirements.