9 months ago
Trainee Case Handler
[Forward to a friend]
(9am to 5.30pm Mon-Fri. One day each week to 8pm plus one Saturday 9.30am - 12.45pm on a rota basis)
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our Recoveries Services Group provides a complete range of debt recovery services utilising cutting edge technology and with specialists dealing with different debt types, all operating under a centralised management structure allowing us to deliver consistently excellent service. Our structure ensures we can provide a full range of volume recoveries and litigation options, whilst ensuring that we have the expertise and experience to deal with complex and technical issues arising from volume recoveries.
Our Recoveries Team are seeking a Trainee Case Handler on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will work with a prestigious team who have won numerous awards including achieving Tier 1 rankings in the Legal 500 in 2016.
As a Trainee Case Handler, you will undergo full training to deal with consumer debt recovery cases and utilise commercial strategies to reach a satisfactory conclusion. Following your training and development, you will be given the opportunity to be accountable for your own caseload.
* Liaise extensively with debtors on the telephone in order to negotiate a settlement, or other suitable outcome, as well as updating clients on a regular basis.
* Manage the sensitive issues which are associated with debt recoveries, whilst also balancing the reputation of our financial services clients, thus you will be required to control and manage your workload effectively and efficiently.
* Utilise the case management systems and other processes, ensuring information is kept accurate and up-to-date.
* Accountable for your workload ensuring targets, KPIs and internal and client SLAs are met.
* Attend training sessions to develop your knowledge of the litigation and debt recovery process that impact the team’s delivery of its service, which will better equip you to identify any potential issues within cases and refer these on accordingly.
* Attend both internal and external meetings to assist in implementing changes to any relevant procedures.
Skills and qualifications
The ideal candidate would have preferably worked in an office environment dealing with a high volume of work and have excellent communication, mediation and negotiation skills. Furthermore, you will ideally have experience working in a law firm, financial services or professional services organisation. Previous litigation experience would be beneficial, but not essential as training will be provided.
Essential knowledge & competencies:
* Excellent customer service expertise
* Confident and professional telephone manner
* Strong negotiation and mediation abilities
* Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* IT literate including sound knowledge of Word, Excel and the internet.
* Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient.
* Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance.
* Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative.
Desirable knowledge and competencies:
* Have worked within a law firm, financial services or another professional services organisation
You may also have experience in the following: Litigation Paralegal, Negotiation, Collections Advisor, Debt Recovery, Recoveries Services, Customer Service, Negotiator, and Conflict Resolution.
Shoosmiths has an outstanding benefits package; we believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm. These can include:
* A pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5.5%
* Generous life assurance cover for peace of mind, up to 8 times salary
* Up to 23 paid working days holiday per annum with the option to buy up to 8 additional days. You can choose to 'flex' twice a year - January and July
* 'Happy Birthday!' - have a free day off to celebrate and a £50 voucher to spend! (We won't take it from your annual entitlement)
* Childcare vouchers which are not subject to tax or NI
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Staff introduction bonus scheme
* Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
* Discounted conveyancing and legal advice, for instance for wills and family trusts
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
16 days ago
only 12 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close