9 months ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
The purpose of the Business Analyst team is to serve as a critical link between end users and IT project delivery teams or business change and continuous improvement Sponsors, as applicable. The team is responsible for identifying opportunities for making better use of technology, and to surface innovative ideas and business process improvements.
This role reports into Business Analyst, with extensive experience in this area. The successful applicant will have a passion for learning, great great customer engagement skills, be involved with the business units and want to drive change. Key skills are excellent planning, interest in technology and analytics and matching tech to problems as well as identifying requirements. No business analytical experience necessary but will train and be mentored by the more experienced Business Analyst
* Contributing to ongoing reviews of existing processes; including mapping and evaluating processes and presenting findings back to the Business Analyst.
* Working on projects which aid the needs and wants of end users for new solutions, systems and processes including supporting in the delivery of workshops across varied stakeholder groups to elicit and developing ideas and findings collaboratively.
* Analysing findings and using modeling methods to develop specifications, recommend changes and improvements and to define and document requirements and recommendations.
* Developing user stories that will support how the firm develops its business services capability moving forward.
* Requirements validation ensuring eventual proposed solutions meet business needs.
* Communicating with multiple stakeholders at all levels informally and in formal presentations and in writing including the preparation of formal business cases.
* Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements - you will have or develop detailed knowledge of the functionality of key products and comparative products in the market and will maintain users stories and summaries for the solutions, systems and processes which the firm implements
Key Skills & Experience
* Experience of working in a professional services environment, ideally a law firm previously.
* Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
* Previous exposure to business change and/or IT projects.
* Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills.
* Advanced technical skills.
* Excellent documentation skills.
* Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
* Very high competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook.
* An interest in innovation and a passion for driving change.
* Experience in data analytics is desirable.
* Experience running consultancy workshops or projects with clients in order to identify improvements which clients might make to their internal delivery of legal services is desirable.
Fieldfisher aim to provide equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.