3 months ago
Trainee AML Specialist
[Forward to a friend]
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Your role is to provide support to the Client & Matter Inception teams part of a centralised team. This will include undertaking Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Client Due Diligence (CDD) checks on new and existing clients, conflict of interest checks, on-going client monitoring, sanction and PEP checks and assisting with other risk management and on-boarding procedures.
In this position you will be given the unique opportunity to gain the training, knowledge and experience required to become an AML Specialist.
A Trainee AML Specialist will receive training and support to develop and become competent in completing the following responsinbilities:
* Reviewing new client and matter information ensuring satisfactory details are provided by the Legal Advisors/PAs and asking for further information as necessary
* Reviewing the CDD and undertaking research or obtaining further information
* Analysing the CDD results and escalating AML issues to the Specialists/Team Manager as required
* Conducting conflict checks using the firm's databases
* Analysing conflict search results and escalating conflict issues to the Specialists/Team Manager as required
* Following up with practice teams or other employees when seeking information or conflict resolution from other stake holders around the firm
· Ensuring that all client inception processes are carried out in a timely manner
Recording information, as required, for compliance and auditing purposes
Skills and qualifications
* Previous Compliance experience is desirable
* Good knowledge of UK regulation is desirable
* Experience of working in professional services is desirable
* Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Able to prioritise, be organised and efficient
* Flexible and able to adapt to change, cope with new practices and cope under pressure
* Able to recognise when to seek assistance
* Able to work well within a team and able to work on your own initiative, where appropriate
* Friendly and helpful approach
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions