5 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is a leading international law firm with 53 offices in over 30 countries. As one of the world’s leading law firms, Eversheds Sutherland acts for many of the world’s most well-known brands.
An opportunity has arisen for a Trade Mark Attorney to join The Branding Group based in Eversheds Sutherlands’ Manchester office. The Branding Group is an integral part of the wider IP Group which includes 6 UK-based partners and a wider team of over 20 lawyers and a further 75 IP lawyers across Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a locally based team within the wider IP practice to act on behalf of many well-known UK and international brand owners.
We are seeking someone that is Part Qualified or Fully Qualified Trade Mark Attorney (0-5 years PQE)
Skills and experience:
• Advising on trade mark filing strategies;
• Trade mark watching services;
• Clearance searches;
• Filing and prosecuting UK, EU trade mark and design applications;
• Advising clients in connection with registry objections and conflicts with third party brands;
• Due diligence;
• Liaising with and co-ordinating foreign attorneys;
• Prosecuting and defending registry actions, including trade mark opposition and cancellation matters;
• Negotiating settlements;
• Responding to Registry actions;
• Trade mark portfolio maintenance matters, including advising in connection with renewals and recordal programmes.
Although there is a preference that the candidate be based in Manchester we will also look at Birmingham, Nottingham and Leeds.
At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post. We are an LGBT inclusive employer and are Stonewall Corporate Champions