3 months ago
Technology, Outsourcing & Privacy
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for ‘New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
Fieldfisher's top-ranked Technology and Outsourcing Group has an excellent opportunity for a Solicitor looking to further develop their career amongst one of the largest teams of lawyers in the field.
We have a friendly office culture and a collaborative team who regularly support the world's biggest organisations and some of Europe's most exciting growth companies providing class-leading expertise in technology, telecoms and privacy advice. Lawyers are expected to have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility over their work and we are able to offer flexible working arrangements.
The current client base is wide ranging and includes household names such as Accenture, UK Government, Google, Pearson and the BBC. We also act for a number of the world's largest telecoms operators and a range of other players in the sector.
We are looking for a top quality telecoms and technology lawyer with solid transactional technology experience and the ability to advise on telecoms and digital regulation, to join one of the fastest growing and highly regarded practices in the City.
The main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
* Advising on telecoms contracts (network infrastructure agreements, wholesale services agreements, communications and network outsourcing arrangements, MVNx and reseller agreements);
* Advising on IT contracts (outsourcing agreements, IT procurement, managed services, software & systems development, systems integration, software licensing);
* Advising in Telecoms and digital regulation;
* The person will have a high degree of direct client contact on a day-today basis;
* Full participation in marketing and practice development initiatives;
* Proactively manage own files and support existing caseloads; and
* Liaising with clients and handling matters with appropriate sensitivity.
Key Skills & Experience
The candidate must have the following skills and qualifications and experience:
* Qualified lawyer in England and Wales or another common law jurisdiction;
* Good experience in advising on telecoms contracts including network infrastructure agreements, wholesale services agreements, communications and network outsourcing arrangements, MVNx and reseller agreements;
* Good experience in advising on IT contracts including outsourcing agreements, IT procurement, managed services, software & systems development, systems integration, software licensing;
* Good experience in advising in Telecoms and digital regulation;
* Good experience in managing own client caseload;
* Good experience in IT/Telecoms work gained in a City or international firm;
* A keen interest in the developing area of telecoms and OTT services;
* Sound working knowledge of contract and commercial law;
* Flexibility with regard to client secondment opportunities;
* Experience in building relationships with the client, counsel and experts;
* Enthusiastic team player with commitment to quality and client care;
* Excellent case management skills;
* Minimum 2.1 Bachelor's Degree or LLM (or equivalent) from a good University;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Excellent English language skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening;
* A confident and professional manner.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.