4 months ago
Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley, Beijing and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 600 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, China, Paris, Germany, Italy, UK, and the US - Silicon Valley. In the UK, we have approximately 700 people working in the London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The firm is growing rapidly and its revenue for 2016/17 was £165 million. The UK accounts for approximately 70% of the headcount.
We were the fastest growing UK law firm last year with 2016/17 revenue of £165 million and were named Law Firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2017.
The technical applications analyst is a member of the Business Applications and Deployment team. The workload required of this team is ever-increasing in order to support the firm in realizing its strategy and preparing for future software and systems. The Business Applications & Deployment Team is part of the IT Department and works alongside the ServiceDesk, Technical Services, Development and Projects teams to provide the full range of IT services and support to the business. This role will be based in Manchester.
* To test, configure, troubleshoot and deploy new software
* To maintain and manage the corporate desktop image
* To maintain the integrity of the existing software estate and investigate issues if or as they occur
* To undertake 3rd line problem management and support as required, by thorough investigation of issues – both at Operating System level and software/application level and follow through to resolution
* Other ad-hoc business as usual tasks as required
* Ensuring that applications and operating systems are patched regularly and are up to date, complying with infosec requirements as needed
Key Skills & Experience
* AdminStudio packaging experience
* Thorough 3rd line level troubleshooting skills
* Experience of writing scripts (batch, vbs or PowerShell)
* Previous configuration and administration experience of SCCM essential; ideally SCCM CB.
* Any 3rd party patching tools such as SCUP
* Some experience of XenApp/XenDesktopVDI configuration and administratior beneficial
* Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
* A team player with a flexible and pro-active approach to work with the ability to work autonomously, and ask for assistance when unsure.
* Must have a conscientious, accurate and methodical approach to work and have strong written and verbal communications skills
* Effective time management.
Fieldfisher recruitment processes are handled by our in house recruitment team. If you are an agency enquiring about partnering with us on recruitment, please direct your correspondence solely to the recruitment team and please do not submit speculative applications under any circumstances.
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.