9 months ago
We are recruiting a Team Leader to manage the secretarial hub for our Corporate team within our London office.
You will be responsible for managing and developing the team, monitoring incoming work and team capacity and distributing jobs and projects to members of the hub. You will also ensure the work is completed on time and to a high standard.
This is an exciting and hands-on opportunity to join one of the world's leading global law firms.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Take responsibility for the efficient running of the hub. Be an effective team member and act as workflow supervisor where required on a shared basis with senior secretaries. Ensure urgent work requests are promptly communicated to the appropriate hub team member
* Responsible for the performance management and personal development of team members
* Responsible for planning and carrying appraisals for the team
* Proactively engage with and assist fee earners regarding work requirements, encourage and support them to access the hub
* Proactively encourage idea sharing and efficiencies within the team and devise a plan for the sharing of more complex tasks
* Obtain feedback from fee earners on a regular basis to help improve the hub's services
* Engage in mutual delegation of tasks between hub team members and assist the hub team to meet deadlines
* Collaborate with hub team members on hub processes, procedures and solutions and drive best practice
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
* Extensive relevant experience as a Legal Secretary
* Uses and expands technical knowledge and shares expertise with hub team
* Actively keeps abreast of current developments and trends in areas of expertise and applies new, job-related information or learning to work
* Has a strong working knowledge of WorkSite and Bighand or similar tools
* IT literate with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) & Lync - Skype for Business
* Excellent diary management
* Exemplary document management and filing
* Detailed understanding of billing
* Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
* Applies knowledge and judgement to solve problems and make decisions
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.