about 1 month ago
To work as part of a team to ensure that Linklaters and the partners fulfil all global tax compliance obligations. To support the Managers in providing tax advice.
There will be significant influence over all aspects of the Firm’s global tax compliance and interaction with partners, global finance teams and other business team functions.
Key responsibilities and challenges
* Prepare the UK tax computations, tax returns and supporting allocations and other papers for the LLP and subsidiary companies and respond to HM Revenue & Customs enquiries on submitted computations.
* Prepare UK personal tax returns for non-UK resident members of the LLP and arrange and account for payments of UK tax.
* Calculate the foreign tax credit claims for UK resident members of the LLP; prepare the associated accounting journals and reconcile the calculations and records of non-UK tax payments to SAP.
* Prepare the information to provide to third-party advisers for the preparation of partners’ and entity tax returns in various countries (including France, Sweden, Japan and Luxembourg) on a timely basis; support responses to enquiries by tax authorities.
* Calculate reserves for partner tax liabilities to be withheld from profit distributions in some offices; prepare journals and reconcile tax reserve accounts in the General Ledger taking into account tax payments made; prepare partner tax reserve statements and respond to partners’ queries on the tax reserves.
* Deal with ad-hoc tax and partnership queries as they arise. Provide assistance on various internal and cross - functional/departmental projects.
* Carry out month end processes to ensure tax payments have been correctly accounted for and that SAP GL balances reconcile to offline records.
* Annually review and update tax process notes.
* Coach the Tax Assistant in the above matters and delegating various tasks.
Characteristics, Skills & Experience required:
* Excellent communicator (written and oral)
* Self starter and quick learner
* Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
* Able to work without supervision
* Willingness to take on new work
* Must interact well with all levels within the Firm
* Ability to remain calm
* Practical, common sense approach
* An ability to react sensitively to staff issues whilst remaining business focused
Education / Qualification
* ATT qualified or equivalent accountancy qualification
At least 3 years of practical business tax experience for medium – large firms
Excellent Excel skills
Experience of dealing with tax compliance for partnerships and LLPs (desirable)
* Experience of using SAP (desirable)
* A reliable team player
Information for Recruitment Agents
Linklaters endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Linklaters operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Job Offer Scams
Be alert to fictitious job opportunity posts and offers of employment which claim to be in the name of Linklaters.
We have been made aware of various recruitment-related scams which ask for upfront payments, for example, for office equipment and promise start up bonuses and reimbursement in return for such payments.
These scams often involve the use of email addresses similar to a genuine domain name.
Genuine emails from Linklaters only use the domain of “@linklaters.com”.
We will never ask you to make payments for office equipment or otherwise as part of our recruitment process. If you are in doubt about a job opportunity that appears to relate to our firm, please get in touch with us.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. As such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
As a responsible business, it is important that we represent the diversity of our people, our clients and our communities. We know that diversity makes us a better law firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best experience to everyone who comes into contact with us. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded at each stage of the selection process. Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job. Those involved in recruitment and selection decisions and processes are also provided with guidance on diversity issues. If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the selection process, please talk to a member of the recruitment team so that any required adjustments can be made in advance.
Specific experience requirements advertised on a role do not intend to preclude applications from candidates who may have more or less experience. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to the necessary skills for the role as described.