24 days ago
Founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 we now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 900 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. In every area of the law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. An entrepreneurial spirit, where candour and involvement are key, characterises our ability to develop and execute the strategies required to achieve our clients’ goals in all these areas. We are an independent firm with an international footprint that extends far beyond our offices in London and New York.
To provide a high quality financial systems service to the Firm; to be responsive to the changing needs and priorities of the department and to provide ad hoc support to departmental colleagues as and when required. The individual will be working closely with other members of the Accounts department and liaising extensively with the IT department.
* Full responsibility for maintenance and development of the firm’s practice management system, and other core finance systems;
* Drive through continued improvement and development of finance systems and processes, taking into account the needs of the department, deploying new functionality where appropriate;
* Management of the interface between finance systems and other in-house/third party software;
* Management of finance system upgrades and related testing;
* Troubleshooting finance systems issues, liaising with IT or third party support to ensure efficient resolution;
* Maintenance of finance system databases, ensuring scheduled tasks are run, performing month-end closing and system balancing procedures, ensuring the integrity of data in finance systems, investigating and resolving issues identified promptly;
* Maintenance of the matter budgeting tool and main contact within the firm for any issues regarding the tool;
* Supporting the finance department with extraction of data, report design and development using SQL / Microsoft SSRS and providing ad-hoc analysis as required;
* Providing training and assistance to users of finance systems.
* Ad-hoc project work involving development and implementation of new finance systems, and development of existing finance systems;
* Extensive and on-going liaison with the IT department;
* Maintenance and preparation of finance systems / process documentation, procedures and instructions.
* Legal finance experience essential, with solid experience in a similar position;
* Strong working knowledge of the Aderant practice management system;
* Advanced SQL and Microsoft SSRS report writing skills;
* Excel/spreadsheet working to highest levels;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
* Highly motivated with ability to 'run with the program' and manage demanding workloads.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent organisational skills
* Ability to effectively manage own workload
* Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
* Resilient and calm under pressure
* Adaptable and flexible approach
* Pro-active and takes initiative
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.