24 days ago
Founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 we now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 900 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. In every area of the law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. An entrepreneurial spirit - where candour and involvement are key - characterises our ability to develop and execute the strategies required to achieve our clients’ goals in all these areas. We are an independent firm with an international footprint that extends far beyond our offices in London and New York.
Mishcon is in the midst of implementing its 10 Year Vision to be technologically transformed. A large part of implementing that vision centers around work to improve our business of law processes, for example our time recording and billing processes. This role, will support our Strategy team in identifying areas for improvement across the way we run our matters – and will work alongside our data, technology and education teams to help influence the right solutions. A key part to this role will be delivery and reinforcement of change with our fee-earning teams.
• Delivering innovation in the way that our lawyers manage matters, by:
- Working directly with lawyers to understand the needs and behaviours underpinning the way that they run their matters
- Identifying opportunities to improve practices and create efficiencies through the implementation of technology and our data science capability
- Defining new project work and evidencing potential benefits for the firm
• Contributing to a portfolio of existing project work, involving:
- Prioritisation of projects against business needs
- Working closely with project delivery teams to ensure success
- Capturing the value of projects on delivery
- Working with lawyers and business operations teams to reinforce change around the firm post-project delivery
• Working with our business operations teams to understand how to improve the firm’s core business processes
• 3-4 years' experience as a management consultant working on change and transformation projects
• Strong business and commercial acumen
• Excellent communication skills
• Experienced at working in environments with high ambiguity
• Ability to build effective relationships quickly with a range of people
• Ability to be highly inquisitive and analytical, getting to grips with new areas and identifying problems and opportunities for improvement at speed
• Ability to turn conversations into clearly scoped problems
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel and Visio
• Keen interest in the ability of technology to disrupt and improve the legal sector
• A creative thinker with the ability to produce new ideas and concepts
• Logical thinker
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven organisational skills - excellent attention to detail
• Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm's core values
• Ability to effectively manage own workload
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Resilient and calm under pressure
• Pro-active and takes initiative
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.