At Michelmores we put our clients at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to advise clients on a broad range of legal matters across the UK and internationally. With offices in Exeter, London and Bristol we are well placed to work with a diverse range of clients who provides our people with the high quality, intellectually and exciting.
We have a strategic focus on Private Wealth, Finance and Investment and Real Estate. In the South West in particular, we also have strong sector support for Energy, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Technology and Innovation.
With a total complement of around 450 lawyers, professional advisers, paralegals and business service staff, we are the largest professional services firm based in the region. Our longstanding history and solid values has created an entrepreneurial environment where we treat all people, clients and employees alike, as individuals. We pride ourselves on the leading role we play in the business community and our ability to make our connections count for our clients, old and new.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious lawyer to join our highly regarded Transactional Real Estate Team in Exeter. We are open on PQE from NQ through to Associate level.
The role will involve:
• Dealing with all aspects of commercial development including land acquisition, disposal, funding, development, forward letting, forward sale and Landlord and Tenant matters.
• Assisting Partners with individual elements of wider property transactions.
• High levels of client contact ensuring regular updates.
• Assisting on due diligence for developments and for financing and Corporate transactions.
• Maintain effective communication with colleagues across the firm, as required.
• Maintain time recording on client matters on a daily basis in accordance with the firm's procedures.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Qualified lawyer with good experience in real estate transactions.
• Relevant ‘hands-on’ work experience and client management skills.
• Good knowledge of English Land Law and Landlord and Tenant law.
• Prior experience of Commercial Development Transactions would be advantageous.
• Strong interpersonal skills and sound time/case management skills.
• Strong academic record.
• A commercial approach and an ability to provide clients with solutions. An interest in and an ability to quickly understand the client's business is essential.
• Enthusiastic, friendly team player.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• 'Can do' approach to work.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines in a flexible and proactive way.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Confidential, able to use tact and discretion.
• Exhibits high levels of client service (both to internal and external clients).
• Committed to on-going learning and development.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and forward thinking Firm where clients recommend us because of the quality of our people and the depth of experience across the whole team. This experience gives real weight at the commercial pressure points of a deal, and has resulted in a reputation in the market for getting deals done.