5 months ago
Our market recognised restructuring team works closely with clients to offer proactive, progressive and effective solutions-driven advice on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious restructuring and insolvency, lender based work, and business rescue and transformation.
Bringing flexibility, innovation, commercial focus and a ‘can do’ attitude , the team are perfectly placed to work with businesses that aren’t yet at the turnaround point as often as they do with those in distress.
Whether it’s offering advice on how to move a business out of distress by streamlining its supply chain or restructuring and reorganising the business to acting for lender or insolvency practitioners in a formal restructuring process, our restructuring team is confident in delivering the outcome our clients’ need, when they need it.
This is a fantastic role involving non-contentious restructuring and insolvency matters acting for major insolvency practitioners, lenders and other investors, VCs, corporates, creditors, directors, shareholders, landlords/tenants, professionals and private individuals in corporate, personal and partnership matters.
This will involve:
* Assisting distressed businesses return to profitability and the provision of advice to the board and other stakeholders when this is no longer possible
* Advice and assistance to individuals on lender requirements, enforcement of security, statutory demands, IVAs, debt management plans, directors’ duties and responsibilities, disqualification and personal liability
* Debt and asset recovery, Insolvency and Company Act offences, regulatory advice, refinancing and general security advice
* Investigation work – misfeasance and other claims against directors
* Comfortable in a Board Room environment and may be required to provide support upon options planning, strategic corporate restructuring advice and directors duties.
* General dispute resolution work for corporates and individuals
* Work closely with Partners providing national support on project work such as disposal/realisation of businesses and assets as part of the recovery process
* Might need to travel to other offices (when required)
Key Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have a hands on ‘can do' attitude, an ability to work in partnership with clients and colleagues, willingness to learn, attention to detail, basic understanding of the different insolvency and dispute resolution procedures and an eagerness to be actively involved in business development. Also, strong transactional background or interest within corporate or real estate would be ideal.