A leading law firm seek a Solicitor to join their Real Estate team in Exeter.
You will join a national team of lawyers who act for Registered Providers of affordable housing, Lenders, funders, Institutional investors and security trustees. You will play a vital role dealing with property aspects of substantial portfolio acquisitions and disposals.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Involvement in property due diligence of acquisition property portfolios, development and regeneration schemes and putting them into Charge;
- Advising borrowers and funders on the charging of residential and mixed development sites and social housing;
- Assisting with property aspects of large scale capital markets issues and large scale loan refinancing;
- Running smaller charging transactions;
- Overseeing junior colleagues on complex search results and Land Registry applications;
- Acting for Funders on approval and consents to various legal documents entered into by Borrowers;
- Assisting with other Housing and Regeneration work such as development;
- Running own files and building, maintaining effective client relationships;
- Active participation in marketing initiatives;
- Managing files to Lexcel procedures;
- Participating in firm wide and departmental training sessions;
- Training and developing junior legal staff as appropriate.
- Have an excellent academic record and be a qualified Solicitor or CILEx;
- Experience after qualification in property development or security work ideally working with housing clients;
- Have experience of running your own matters with minimal supervision;
- Strong client focus and service delivery;
- Drive and enthusiasm and be methodical, disciplined and organised.
The firm has a Career Development framework setting out competencies expected at a Solicitor grade. For this role you will have the above mentioned skills and attributes.
The firm offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package for this full time permanent position.