Criminal Solicitor – Duty Scheme
A fantastic and rare opportunity to join this expanding Criminal team. Our client prides themselves in believing their line of work gives our employees a genuine sense of career value and ensures employees are appropriately awarded for their hard work.
They are currently expanding rapidly with a welcoming and supportive culture. They believe in establishing healthy relationships between colleagues which contributes to strong communication, collaborations, wellness, and performance.
• Assist Partners with managing the crime department
• Assist with out-of-hours police stations and court duties
• Prompt daily Magistrates’ Court attendance representing clients on behalf of the firm and developing the firm’s presence and brand
• A strong advocate capable of mounting strong persuasive legal challengers to provide unrivalled representation for the firm’s clients
• Manage a large and varied Magistrates Court caseload to an excellent standard, undertaking a wide range of offences, from initial appearance through to trials and sentencing/appeal
• Provide a responsive and committed approach to delivering client services
• Review and prepare documentation related to an offence and the case (including witness statements, police reports, forensic instruction and assessments to a high standard)
• Be professionally qualified and experienced Duty Solicitor with at least 5 years PQE, capable of working unsupervised and confident in the work being undertaken
• Utilise entrepreneurial flair and enthusiasm for business development to enhance existing professional network and generate new work
• Fully qualified duty solicitor
• Demonstrate a high level of data integrity, attention to detail and representing the firm and the client to the highest quality standard
• Utilise strong IT skills and be able to manage time and workload well under pressure to deadlines.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; both written and oral to represent our clients
• Create and maintain effective relationships with clients and other stakeholders to engender trust and confidence.
• Deliver an excellent quality of service to all clients and stakeholders in a professional and timely manner
• Be a team player, able to motivate, coach and inspire others
• Have acute attention to detail.
• Have a positive, supportive, and approachable manner that engenders trust and confidence
Origin Legal is handling a number of Litigious Solicitor vacancies throughout the South of England. If you are a Solicitor looking to consider your options then please do get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Origin Legal follow strict best-practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Looking for Solicitor jobs in UK? Browse hundreds of latest Solicitor vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top law job sites. Simply Law Jobs prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Solicitor careers in UK.
Click below button to browse other Solicitor opportunities in UK:
If you're an employer looking for Solicitor recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the button below: