10 months ago
Our experienced national team has a strong track record on unlocking difficult planning issues and assisting to obtain consents for major development projects throughout England & Wales.
Recent projects within the team include:
· The regeneration of a former industrial area in the South Downs National Park, to form an exciting new mixed use development comprising new homes, community facilities and a ‘lanes’ style artisan market area.
· A high profile regeneration scheme in south London, which has the potential to truly transform and revitalize the local area.
· Assisting a well-known local business with obtaining planning consents for new premises, supporting their plans for growth and expansion; and
· Assisting the foremost operator of crematoria with their ambitious expansion plans across the country
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of:
* Planning applications and appeals
* Drafting and negotiating planning, and other infrastructure agreements
* Enforcement appeals
* Judicial review and High Court appeals
* Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas
* Environmental issues (including environmental impact assessments)
* Project management
* Planning inquiries and informal hearings
At Irwin Mitchell we encourage individuality and embrace natural flair and this is an exciting opportunity to further develop your skills. You will already have strong technical abilities but we will actively encourage your long term development through our unique learning programmes. A good communicator with rounded client management and team working abilities, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment working on a stimulating mix of projects and will enjoy increasing amounts of responsibility as your experience grows.
You will be rewarded with strong partner and client access, working in and with a friendly and supportive team, a good remuneration package and excellent career progression opportunities. You will also be encouraged and supported in getting involved in business development to and develop your own network of contacts within the planning and development sector.
Irwin Mitchell is passionate about the law and in providing our clients with the very best legal advice and guidance.
We believe in putting our clients first. Our client care is second to none and this, underpinned by our promise to 'exceed client expectations', has helped the firm to grow to become one of the UK's most successful and respected law firms.
Today we employ over 2800 people in 15 UK offices.
Irwin Mitchell is an Equal Opportunities Employer.