2 months ago
Salary £41,000 - £50,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
We are looking for a UK qualified Mandarin and Cantonese speaking solicitor of 1-3 years pqe to work in our new Exhibitions team. This is an exciting role which will involve a fair amount of travel during certain points of the year to attend Exhibitions across a number of locations in China such as Chengdu, Tianjin, Guangzhou, Shenzen, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong and Singapore.
This role will be reporting in to the Unit Head and all Partners in the team, and the successful candidate will run their own files with the knowledge that peer review is always available from senior colleagues when needed. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team.
We encourage our solicitors to interact with our clients socially and there are numerous opportunities to attend these events.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
* Daily contact with clients (Familiarisation with WeChat useful) in Mandarin and Cantonese.
* Preparation of relevant documents.
* Title examination.
* Due diligence involved in a development site including carrying out site visits as appropriate.
* Preparing exhibition packs, to include client care letters / AML requirements and a detailed report on title.
* Attending business development and networking opportunities.
* Attending Exhibitions across a variety of locations abroad, in particular China.
For an appropriately experienced solicitor there may be a supervisory role for junior fee earners within the team.
Key Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
* Strong technical ability.
* Fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.
* A commercial approach to their work and client needs.
* The ability to negotiate contract documents largely unsupervised, though supervision and guidance will be available where needed.
* The ability to examine a title and undertake full due diligence on the contract papers.
* Excellent organisational skills and a strong communicator who can relay information/advice clearly and concisely.
* The ability to be responsive to client and colleague needs.
Sector experience is required. New Build off plan development experience would be desirable.
Closing date for applications: 13 December 2018