Pure Legal Limited
Dependent On Experience
PQE 1, PQE 2, PQE 3, PQE 4, PQE 5
Personal Injury, Real Estate, Litigation, Professional Negligence, Clinical Negligence
Category: Solicitor Jobs
Pure Business Group offers a full suite of Legal Services and is comprised of two ABS Law firms. From Costs Drafting and Recovery, Litigation Funding Provisions, Claims Management Operations, Claims Handling Services, IT Services to the insurance Industry and Sports Management Business. The structure of training and implantation of talent pipelines enables Pure to promote from within.
About the role:
We are looking for a candidate who is organised and has excellent written and spoken communication skills. You will be responsible for providing high quality client service and to work as a team within the office and as an individual with your client.
Pure Legal Limited is seeking an experienced solicitor to assist in what will be a busy and varied practice dealing in complex Civil Litigation, primarily in the fields of financial mis-selling and negligently installed cavity wall insulation.
The ideal candidate should have strong post qualification, or a wealth of vocational experience in Civil Litigation and will be required to handle all aspects of their cases from the pre-action stage up to and including appeals, if required.
Successful candidates will be able to be proactive in developing and following appropriate litigation strategies both alone and as part of a team.
- Managing a Civil Litigation caseload from inception to conclusion, to include claims against financial advisers and insulation companies in negligence and in contract
- Reviewing and creating initial case plans by assessing client instructions and carrying out a review of available documentation at the outset of a case to determine suitable strategies to adopt
- Providing support and guidance to Fee Earners and Legal Assistants within the team
- Liaising with clients in order to advise on case prospects and take proof of evidence to be used in the case
- Preparation of documents to include correspondence, pleadings and witness statements
- Attending court hearings both in person and by telephone
- Attending case conferences with external counsel, where required
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
- Providing updates to clients by email, letter or phone to ensure they receive up to date and adequate information about the progress of a case, when required
- Liaising with accounts to ensure funds are allocated to the appropriate accounts in line with the Solicitor Accounts Rules 2011
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011
- Managing own caseload
- Knowledge of Basic Law
- Professional Skills Course
- Solicitors Regulation Authority training
- IT Skills – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent English – written and spoken communication at all levels
- Research and analysis skills
- Being organised
- Solicitor Qualification
- Effective use of Case Management System
- Adherence to SLAs and KPIs
- Efficiently and effectively run your own caseload
- Managing expectations of clients and effectively deal with any complaints that arise as in line with Company policy
- Candidates must have Part 7 litigation experience from commencing proceedings all the way through to trial, including attending CMC’s and making applications
- Multi track experience is preferable with Fast Track Litigation experience as a must
- Candidates must have instructed and attended conference with counsel
- Effective communication with individual and business contacts
- Training/Case Planning with trainee case handlers
- Attending and participating in weekly case clinics
- Assist in training members of staff
- Any other duties as required
Please note a DBS check will be required for successful candidates only.
- Basic Salary Competitive
- 20 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
- Birthday off
- 8 Hours “Me Time"