A vacancy has arisen for a Legal Executive / Paralegal / NQ Solicitor, managing their own caseload, to work within the Development team of the Housing & Regeneration (Property) Department at the Preston office.
Forbes’ Housing & Regeneration Group is ranked in Band 1 in Legal 500 legal directory and band 2 in Chambers & Partners directory.
The team deals with all aspects of non-contentious property/development work for registered providers of housing (social / affordable / extra care / support – and also more commercial elements). This includes: bulk portfolio work, land and site acquisitions, development agreements, commercial leases, set-up of sites for disposal to residential purchasers (both affordable and commercial sale).
The role will include:-
- working alongside solicitors, associates, partners and paralegals
- having direct communication with clients and third party solicitors
- legal research
- preparing reports on title and undertaking due diligence for clients
- managing your own caseload on more individually manageable matters using the Firm’s case management systems such as commercial leases, statutory agreements, acquisition and disposal of land, strategic acquisition of properties
The successful candidate will:
- have Property experience
- have an interest in long term development / progression in the department
- have the ability to work unsupervised and possess good self-motivation skills
- have the ability to work as part of a team and be reliable and enthusiastic
- further education qualifications
- possess good IT skills
- have LPC (desirable but not essential)
- hold CILEX qualification/Law Degree (desirable but not essential)
- have the ability to touch type but this is not essential as full training will be
Candidates must have a full UK driving licence as travel will be required