5 months ago
We are looking for a solicitor with 2+ years post qualification experience to join our expanding and successful national construction team, based in our Manchester office. This role will involve a mixture of non-contentious and contentious construction work and the successful candidate will be expected to want to excel in both areas.
The team is experienced and driven and you will have partner and associate support on tap. The team has a clear desire to nurture and develop the successful candidate throughout their career, so you can expect to be given early responsibility, exposure to high quality work and involvement in client meetings from the outset.
The Manchester construction team acts for a wide range of clients including end users, funders, employers, main contractors, sub-contractors and consultants. You will have a wide and varied work load including:
Non Contentious: -
* Drafting construction contracts, subcontracts, consultants appointments, collateral warranties, parent company guarantees, performance bonds and other project documents;
* Managing the progress of development and completion of documents;
* Negotiating an agreeing final forms of all construction documents, including performance bonds for large projects, construction contracts, consultant appointments and collateral warranties;
* Administering the engrossment, distribution for execution and the process of completion of project documents; and
* Drafting project specific reports on documentation for completion;
* Reviewing and analysing all ranges of claims documentation from small to multi-million pound claims;
* Assisting with adjudications from the crystallisation of disputes, through to drafting submissions, collating evidence and taking witness statements;
* Assisting with High Court litigation from pre-action investigation stages of claims right through to trial;
* Deal with numerous queries on live projects for and on behalf of a whole range of commercial clients; and
* Dealing with Bond claims and advising on Bond wording for and on behalf of all of the UK’s surety providers.
We are keen to speak to construction lawyers with genuine desire to be part of a national construction team, and demonstrating the following attributes:
* A strong team work ethic
* Outgoing disposition and “can do” attitude
* Drive, commitment and self-motivation
* Ability to work well as part of a team
* Strong interpersonal skills and confident manner with the ability to relate to people at all levels
* Ability to work effectively under pressure