5 months ago
Solicitor - Commercial (Intellectual Property) - London - ref ZC079
We are seeking to recruit a solicitor into our intellectual property team in London. The successful candidate will have gained experience from a leading firm (or possibly in-house) with a substantial commercially focussed business. A strong academic background, sound technical expertise, good client-facing skills and the ability to work well as part of a dynamic and fast-paced team are essential requirements.
The role will involve advising and assisting clients in connection with the legal aspects of intellectual property (IP) matters. The role covers both contentious and non-contentious areas of law. It will involve advising on legal aspects of contentious intellectual property (IP) matters, including High Court and Intellectual Property Enterprise Court litigation. It will also include advising on licences and other commercial agreements involving the ownership, use, exploitation or promulgation of IP rights as well as advertising and consumer issues as they arise.
We are an ambitious and successful group of welcoming people with a real drive to be the best at what we do. The role is based in our London office, though the candidate will work closely with solicitors across the office network. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the development and implementation of new marketing initiatives and the development of new business development strategies.
We are very committed to professional and personal development and the candidate will benefit from, and be asked to contribute to, programme of training and development for both our team and our clients. Please see job description for further details.
View Job description
* A sound knowledge of the general principles of patent, trade mark, copyright and design law and their application to disputes in the form of pre-action and issued litigation and to commercial situations and contracts
* A sound knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules and their application to IP disputes in both the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court and the High Court
* A sound knowledge of the application of general legal principles (including competition law) to commercial situations and arrangements
* The ability to this knowledge to the preparation of clear and accurate contracts (drafted from scratch, where necessary), other documentation and advices
* The ability to translate clients’ commercial needs into legally effective solutions and to provide clients with commercially relevant advice
* Have a strong academic background with experience in providing legal advice and assistance on commercial contracts and other commercial matters
* A team player with high levels of personal commitment and initiative whilst also able to supervise others and delegate work
* An effective communicator able to establish and maintain harmonious and professional relationships with clients and colleagues
* Attentive to detail, keeping up-to-date with legal developments
* Willing to spend time if required in the other offices; and
* Willing to spend time with clients on short-term secondments if required
27 days ago
only 19 hours until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close