about 1 month ago
Solicitor - Commercial Health - Manchester
Solicitor - Commercial Health - Manchester
We are a national law firm offering a unique collection of specialisms across the commercial, public, health and insurance sectors, with offices in Birmingham, Exeter, London, Manchester and Nottingham. We have long-standing relationships with an impressive range of clients and aim to truly understand their needs to deliver an exceptional service which exceeds their expectations and makes their life easier.
We have two vacancies to join our growing Commercial Health team in Manchester. This is a very exciting time for the team and we have excellent growth plans for the future.
Purpose of the roles
To undertake a general commercial role within the firm’s commercial health team and support aspects of the team’s corporate work. The team of 4 partners, 2 associates and 2 assistants carries out corporate and commercial work exclusively within the healthcare sector, for a mixture of large private sector, third sector, and NHS clients, including over 50 NHS trusts, clinical commissioning groups, NHS England and national retail pharmacy operators. Clients span the full remit of operators, commissioners and regulators in every area of health and social care often with a national focus.
The team is closely integrated with the firm’s non sector-specific corporate and commercial teams and plays a key role within the firm’s wider health sector group which advises our healthcare clients on the full range of legal services including property, employment, clinical negligence, healthcare advisory, inquests, etc.
The team is recognised as one of the leading teams in the sector and its turnover has more than doubled in the last few years which means that there is now a pressing need for a dynamic and ambitious junior lawyer to join the team. The ideal candidates should have some good quality general commercial and governance experience and should have a desire to develop a specialism within one of the most exciting and rapidly changing sectors of the UK economy. They will have technical competence with a flair for marketing and business development.
* providing advice to the firm’s healthcare clients on time and to a high standard of technical competence in the following areas:
* commercial contracts including NHS standard clinical and non-clinical commissioning terms and bespoke contracts
* NHS commissioning policy
* corporate governance issues, directors’ duties, conflicts of interest, etc. for both NHS and private sector healthcare clients
* mergers and reconfigurations of NHS organisations
* collaborative working arrangements including partnership arrangements for the public and private sector
* advice on establishing trading companies and arms-length arrangements
* corporate transactions including business and share acquisitions and disposals, management buy-outs / buy-ins, transfers of healthcare services, mergers etc.
* joint ventures
* working on major high profile national projects within the healthcare sector, maintaining effective relationships with the firm’s health clients and cross selling the firm’s wider health law services
* actively participating in the wider health team’s business development and marketing activities including:
* attending and speaking at healthcare seminars and conferences
* writing articles for health sector trade journals
* issuing bulletins on topical legal issues within the sector
* supporting the delivery of the firm’s corporate governance network events for NHS commissioners
* developing strong relationships with clients and intermediaries
* working alongside our marketing team on client pitches and tenders
* recording time promptly and meeting financial goals with a good track record in achieving both targets
* You will be expected to be familiar and compliant with the full range of regulatory policies and procedures including: equal opportunity and diversity, data protection and confidentiality/security, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering etc.
* You will also be required to undertake mandatory compliance training as required
View Job description
* The ability to provide clear, concise and commercially relevant advice to clients and to provide them with legally and commercially effective solutions
* Ability to work to a high standard and often to very tight timescales
* An interest in and desire to develop a dedicated specialism within the healthcare sector
* Previous healthcare experience is desirable but not essential
* The ability to work as part of a team both within the commercial health team, with colleagues in the firm’s wider corporate and commercial teams, and with the firm-wide health sector team
* The ability to get on well with clients and to build strong relationships with them
* A strong academic background
* Dynamic, willing to get involved in business development and marketing initiatives
* An effective communicator and negotiator able to establish and maintain harmonious and professional relationships with clients and colleagues
* Attentive to detail, keeping up-to-date with legal developments
28 days ago
only 1 hours until close
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
22 days ago
only 3 days until close