The team is expanding in all areas and now seeks two 0-4 year PQE solicitors, CILEXs or barristers to work on matters including:-
• Property damage recoveries (Claimant work) typically over £150,000 in value and covering a range of perils including fire, flood and escape of water.
• Public and product liability matters relating to property damage (Defendant work) of any value; and
• Policy coverage and fraud (advisory and Defendant work) on property damage and liability matters again of any value
The candidate will have the opportunity to become involved in marketing and client facing activities in order to build the business and his or her career. This is an expanding business with good opportunities for career progression.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a successful track record in the following areas:
• Acting for a number of large commercial / insurer clients in fast and multi-track property litigation disputes. Ideally this experience will demonstrate a mixture of Claimant and Defendant (i.e. recovery and liability) work, also with some coverage and general advisory experience.
• Handling a varied workload in accordance with insurer client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision.
• The ability to exercise full compliance with Client and internal protocols for billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• The ability to meet and exceed minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
• Excellent client care skills
• Commitment to personal and technical development with a view to the delivery of commercially focused legal services to the firm's clients.
• Supporting marketing and business development activities within the team.
• Building effective internal and external networks in order to maximise cross-selling opportunities.
• Maintaining an awareness of the firm's core strategies and aims.
• Handling confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
The ideal candidate should be:
• A qualified solicitor, CILEX or barrister with at least six months' relevant litigation experience.
• Commercially and financially astute.
• Technically excellent with an aptitude for accurately analysing and effectively resolving complex claims, to include seeking guidance where appropriate.
• Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day-to-day issues within the team's reporting and supervisory structure.
• Team-oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge wand support other members of the team.
• Flexible, proactive and open to innovative working methods.
• IT literate, with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
These roles are within the Property Technical Property Damage Team based in Birmingham. The Property Technical team is one of the products comprising the Property service line of the firm's Claims Solutions Group, which is based in both Birmingham and Bristol.
The Property Technical team in Birmingham provides advice and claims management to the insurance industry.
The team acts for most of the firm's large insurer clients.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.