Solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive or Licenced Conveyancer
Location - Exeter
This role provides you with the opportunity to manage and develop an existing workload within our clients Residential Property Department based in their Exeter office. You will have support from both the Residential Partner and from the residential property team with the opportunity to grow existing partnerships with estate agents and existing clients.
- You must be a qualified Solicitor, Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives or a qualified Licenced Conveyancer
- You'll need experience of Residential Property
- Able to conduct your own workload whilst mentoring others
- Work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- IT literate and able to learn new technologies
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Marketing, networking and business development skills
You will also have knowledge of Conveyancing software packages, a driving licence, the flexibility to work in the other local offices from time to time and be able and willing to carry out some client related events and networking, out of office hours.
About the Role
- You'll provide high quality legal services to the firm’s clients
- Conduct your own cases and assist other fee earners in providing advice and representation to the firm’s clients
- Work in accordance with detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the office manual
- Comply with all the requirements resulting from CQS accreditation
- Achieve targets for both billing and time recording
- Develop and maintain good client relationships
- Develop and retain good relationships with professional introducers
- Comply with internal procedures and systems of the firm including file and case management, file audits, client due diligence and time recording
- Ensure services are provided in a timely fashion and the client is informed regularly on progress and costs
- Delegate work efficiently and effectively to support staff
- Take overall responsibility for credit control on own matters
- Look for opportunities to cross refer clients to other departments of the firm.
The Residential Property department is based across 3 sites and comprises a team of partners, solicitors, legal executives and support staff. The emphasis of the department is on providing a quality legal service to clients. A large percentage of the clients instruct as a result of the reputation of the firm and department. The department also makes use of technologies to promote an excellent client experience.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 37.5 hour per week, Monday - Friday
- 25 days holiday, bank holidays, Christmas shutdown period, plus the option to ‘buy and sell’ up to 5 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme from day 1 of employment
- Life Assurance
- Private medical cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sick Pay
- Free Parking
- Friendly company culture and relaxed working environment with modern offices in Exeter.