We have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate lawyer with between 1 -6 PQE to be based in our Reading office. This position represent excellent opportunities to build strong foundations for a prosperous career whilst being exposed to top quality corporate work. From the outset you will be involved in challenging technical work and be given every resource and support needed to progress your career.
You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to work predominantly in this way on an informal basis until government guidelines change and likely beyond. Therefore, so as long as you would be able to come to one of our offices at least twice per week, client and team requirements depending, you will be able to undertake this role. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support and resources you require.
The positions offer the opportunity to work on a broad variety of matters. You will have experience of and typically be involved in the following:
* Advising on disposals and acquisitions of private companies and company assets
* Corporate advisory matters
* Private Equity Investments
* Group restructurings
* Capital markets listings / IPOs
* Public company takeovers
* Institutional equity issues
Skills / Experience Required
It is likely that you will have between 1 and 6 years' PQE and relevant corporate law experience gained with a recognised regional or London commercial firm. A proven track record or keen interest in business development and client relationship management is highly desirable as is a commercial approach.
Personal qualities we seek include:
* Impeccable academic record
* Strong technical expertise
* Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Commercial outlook
* Dedication to exceptional client service delivery
* Proactive style and ability to act on your own initiative
* Dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Collegiate and team-playing approach
* Relationship-driven and people oriented
* Solid relevant technical expertise and intellectual ability
* Enthusiastic and committed to a career in clinical negligence work
* Strong analytical skills
* Excellent client care skills
* Exceptional self-motivation and ability to assume responsibility for your own matters
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
The Blake Morgan corporate team is based in Cardiff, London, Reading and Southampton and is top ranked by the Independent Legal Directories. It comprises specialist lawyers, and has an international portfolio of multi-national client companies (public and private), SMEs, owner managed businesses and start-ups with a need for high quality corporate and M&A support and advice. The team handles over 100 transactions in each year, with deal values typically ranging from the small, sub-£5m to the very large, £100m +.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones
Looking for Solicitor jobs in UK? Browse hundreds of latest Solicitor vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top law job sites. Simply Law Jobs prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Solicitor careers in UK.
Click below button to browse other Solicitor opportunities in UK:
If you're an employer looking for Solicitor recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the button below: