• A solicitor working within the Casualty Disease team.
• Your case load will be primarily assisting on care claims, attending inquests, carrying out investigations often with a regulatory aspect, considering voluminous disclosure and records on behalf of key insurer clients.
• Where necessary you will be asked to assist other colleagues on more complex and higher value cases.
• You will be working in a team of 13 fee earners.
• You will work for a mixture of household name insurer clients and self Insured companies which instruct us directly.
• You must be able to handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision. Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
• You shall exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• Aim to achieve to a minimum budgeted chargeable hours per year and also achieve a billing target commensurate with your role and client fee scale.
• As part of your role you may be asked to support marketing and business development activity within the team. This will include meeting clients, attending training sessions and marketing events.
• Build an awareness of DAC Beachcroft's other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
• Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
• Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
• Solicitor with a demonstrable interest and previous experience in the practice area with 0-1 years claims experience, ideally of a disease nature, NIHL and asbestos would be an advantage but not a pre requisite.
• Good relationship and commercial/insurer client handling skills.
• A proven awareness of management information, client driven KPI's and their importance to meeting client expectations.
• Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
About the firm
With over 2,400 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.