7 months ago
Role Profile Level 3
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm)
Litigation, Transaction and Advisory
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK 2017, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our national Litigation team deals with a wide range of disputes affecting both private and public sectors. Our clients include UK Corporates, owner managed businesses and public bodies. Whatever the subject matter of the dispute, we take a pragmatic and commercial approach, focusing on the business needs of the client. We have particular expertise in dealing with with a wide range of professional negligence disputes and expertise within the wider team of company/shareholder issues, intellectual property, breach of contract technology goods and services, probate, financial services and harassment.
To manage a caseload, and assist others with their caseloads, of a wide variety of professional negligence and related cases.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Manage own caseload of, primarily, professional indemnity cases
* Assist other case handlers with their caseloads involving more complex and higher value claims
* Draft and perform legal research, investigations, etc
* Provide advice to clients on insurance coverage
* Attend at conferences and Court
* Communicate with clients, counsel and other parties, including the production of written reports to clients
* Complete client and internal MI procedures
* Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
* Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
* Comply with relevant policies and procedures
* Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
* Qualified Solicitor
* Experience of professional risk work, including legal, financial and or construction professionals
* Experience of advising on insurance coverage and acting in coverage disputes
* Litigation experience and CPR knowledge
* Knowledge of the practices and requirements of insurer clients and an ability to work to meet those
* Enthusiasm for client development, including providing training and writing articles
* Willingness to innovate and develop new skills and products
* Ability to follow instructions
* Ability to work to deadlines and targets
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Flexible approach
* Excellent time management skills
* Excellent communication skills, including to produce written reports to clients etc to the very high standard required
* Proficiency in standard document software (Office etc) and ability to learn to use new software, e.g. Weightmans’ case management and finance systems, with training.
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.