This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual looking to progress their career, to join our growing Commercial Property Team. The role will be based in the Birmingham office however may require occasional travel to any of our other locations or off site as client demands require.
This post involves work across the whole spectrum of commercial property but with a particular emphasis on supporting the firm’s nationally top rated education practice, as well as general commercial property. The scope of the work is very broad and ranges from academy conversions to leases (landlord and tenant), site acquisitions and disposals. The department also deals with charity property work and the candidate would be expected to assist with those aspects where necessary. There is also a significant business development and client relationship management aspect to the position as the Birmingham office expands.
The successful candidate will have trained within a well-regarded City or regional practice and should have experience of education work. Guidance and direction is available from more senior members of the Team on more complex matters. It is encouraged that employees take ownership and responsibility for work, at increasing levels of significance in order to progress their position over time within the Team and the Firm.
The role involves responsibility for the Midlands region within the Commercial Property Team, including the development of the business locally and working closely with other regional managers to ensure the success of the firm’s commercial property and education teams
· Effectively manage an individual caseload (with supervision where appropriate).
· Attend to clients of the Firm in the office or elsewhere if needed.
· Work in a collegiate and collaborative way within an immediate Team and wider Firm environment.
· Communicate promptly and effectively both internally to colleagues and externally to clients.
· Maintain your continuing professional development requirements and take an active interest in furthering your knowledge within the field of law.
· To carry out your work for both colleagues and clients to the highest possible standard, having regard to the Firm’s standards, procedures and core values.
· To regularly attend, and be involved in preparation for, Team meetings.
· To attend and be involved in preparation for marketing and business development events and activities.
The successful candidate must be prepared to work beyond standard office hours in order to meet deadlines where necessary.
Our environment is positive and supportive but often highly pressurised due to external deadlines and volume of work. We need someone that is pro-active and able to manage potential pressure.
We are committed to recruiting talented individuals and providing our clients with outstanding legal service and so excellent academics along with sound previous experience are a must have.
The candidate should be well-organised, technologically proficient and capable of working on their own or within a team. They will also be required where necessary to provide supervision to more junior members of the team.
We operate within an environment of mutual trust and respects and so the ability to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned, will be important.
The post-holder will report on a day-to-day basis to the London Commercial Property Partners and Birmingham office head, and overall to the Head of Commercial Property.
Working hours – 9.00am - 5.30pm.