10 months ago
NQ - 2
Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm, operating in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
With a rich heritage spanning over 150 years we’ve built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally.
Throughout our history our ethos has remained simple: we provide clear legal advice and value and insight to our clients.
We set out to truly understand our clients’ needs and help realise their ambitions.
We believe that through this approach and a combination of technical excellence and high quality service we can develop long-lasting partnerships and become our clients' solicitor of choice.
We have extensive experience of enforcing and protecting our clients' IP rights both in the UK and internationally, ranked Tier 1 by Legal 500 & 'top ranked' with Chambers & Partners.
We offer the following services:
* IP audits of trade marks, copyright, design and domain names
* advice on the protection of intellectual property
* advice on copyright, database rights, confidential information and know-how issues
* drafting and negotiating all types of commercial agreements for the exploitation of IP, whether it be in the form of patent licensing, IP assignments, software development, online data sharing, escrow arrangements, research and development, business process outsourcing, IP joint ventures, distribution and franchising
* advice on IP law as it affects websites such as rights in the look and feel of a website, use of Google Adwords and metatags and domain name issues
* IP and technology litigation, including ADR.
* database rights and management
* privacy policies and the appropriate technical facilities for collection of personal data, whether online or otherwise
* the lawful use of personal data for marketing and advertising purposes
* employer/employee personal data issues
* Freedom of Information Act compliance, rights and obligations
* international transfers of personal data, safe harbour agreements, binding corporate rules, and model contract clauses
* data security
* complex information technology arrangements, including software development, licensing and maintenance, system integration, software as a service solutions, web hosting, network installations, hardware acquisitions, value added reselling and teaming arrangements
* compliance with UK and EU data protection laws.
Purpose of job
Working closely with Kitty Rosser, the role will be soley commercial, with a mix of IP / IT and Data. Kitty's niche experience offers clients expert advice and support regarding Data Protection Law.
The ideal candidate will have received excellent training in form of a Commercial seat, or PQE of up to 2 years handling either a bias to commerical IP / IT work or those willing to specialise.
We are looking to recruit a solicitor between NQ - 2 years' experience gained within a highly regarded city, regional or national firm with a well-developed knowledge in corporate/commercial, ideally with training in IP/IT or a Solicitor with a genuine interest in training into this arena.
Our lawyers are proactively supported throughout their careers with an established career progression framework, technical and business skills training programmes and dedicated PSL support.
Competitive salary (dependent on experience/ability) and benefits including pension scheme, permanent health insurance, life assurance, individual bonus scheme, firm-wide profit share scheme, holiday from 25 days, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers.
A high degree of confidence will be required to deliver regular presentations in respect of Data Protection, with full collaboration of the Associate & Partners.
Highly personable, able to build strong relationships with clients is essential.
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.
< Back to available positions