The successful candidate must have experience in the following aspects of commercial landlord and tenant law:
• Service of break notices and advice on their validity and conditionality
• Dealing with lease renewal/termination notices and proceedings
• Advice on status of occupation after lease expiry
• Arrears recovery
• Obtaining possession of commercial premises
• Service charge disputes
In relation to residential tenancies, experience in Leasehold Enfranchisement and mixed use developments is preferred.
The candidate should :
• Be used to delivering commercial advice to clients and should be comfortable with key date and tracker maintenance.
• Have had day to day responsibility for managing a mixed workload of landlord and tenant matters.
• Have handled a varied workload in accordance with client protocols and with an appropriate level of supervision.
• Assist in developing and maintaining the team's key client relationships.
• Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. article writing, attending marketing events and client training.
• Build an awareness of the Firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks.
• Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
• Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
• Handle confidential data in line with the firm's data security protocols.
• Solicitor 0-2 years' PQE
• Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
• An ability to comprehend complex legal and technical issues and to explain these issues clearly to clients so that the clients have a comprehensive understanding of the issue and can make an informed decision as to strategy.
• Confident advocate and prepared to assist with and present at seminars and lectures.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
Our National Real Estate Team covers every aspect of commercial real estate work including planning and environmental, development, investment, asset management, funding, construction, landlord and tenant and dispute resolution. Clients include shopping centre landlords, property management and development companies, health trusts and government bodies (local and central), owner occupiers and institutions, both in the UK and overseas.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, the leading legal guide's 2017 edition, the firm received 57 rankings with 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 99 Ranked Lawyers.
In The Legal 500 UK 2016, one of the leading guides to law firms in the UK, the firm received 105 practice area rankings, over half of which are Tier 1 and 2. In addition to team rankings, 18 of our lawyers have been listed in the elite "leading individuals" list, some in multiple categories, and 161 colleagues are "recommended" in the editorial.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.