7 months ago
The team has a national presence through the Birmingham, London and Leeds offices and are looking to establish our presence in our Manchester office. The work we carry out comprises of three key elements; Acquisition work, Plot Support work and Plot Sales.
We don't operate a sub-team culture and all solicitors have the opportunity to undertake a wide variety of work for national house builders and developers, both in the private housing sector and city regeneration sectors. The Partners encourage a supportive team environment where supervision is always available and members can seek advice.
We act for all top ten house builders and seventeen of the top twenty house builders, our whole team are incredibly specialist and has an enviable national reputation.
The team undertakes all types of property transactions including but not limited to;
* conditional contracts,
* strategic options,
* promotion agreements,
* partnering agreements with local authorities and HCA,
* consortium agreements and sale contracts,
* complex regeneration partnering agreements,
* we are also currently working on large sustainable urban extensions for land owners and house builder consortia throughout the country.
We also support and encourage the continual development of our team through regular development based seminars given by external providers as well as monthly meetings at which the team discusses technical topics and undertake precedent drafting sessions as a team. We also offer firm wide modular training sessions to all fee earners across the business to assist in their learning and development.
We are looking for qualified solicitor (0 – 2PQE) to join a busy residential development team in Manchester to work with most of the national house builders.
The work will comprise complex and large scale land acquisitions for household names across England and Wales, collaboration agreements between developers, disposals of serviced parcels, funding arrangements, strategic options, urban regeneration and HCA grant arrangements.
We encourage our solicitors to interact with our clients socially and there are numerous opportunities to attend these events.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
* daily contact with clients
* preparation of contracts documents
* title examination
* the usual due diligence involved in buying a development site including carrying out site visits,
* attending business development and networking opportunities
Key Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have a passion to work within the residential development area and have spent their career to date learning their craft, and are now keen to develop their skills further. The successful candidate will have had an excellent training contract and a desire to work as part of a large and rapidly growing team. The candidate will be highly motivated and committed to giving clients excellent service. He/she will be commercially aware, proactive and able to work alone and as part of a team. They will have the strength of character to interact effectively with colleagues and clients at every level.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
* good academics and excellent training record
* excellent commercial acumen
* ability and willingness to learn
* attention to detail
* organised with time and documents
* good organisational skills
* a strong communicator who can relay what needs to be said with brevity
* be responsive to client and colleague needs
* good IT skills
* discretion and professionalism