4 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Microsoft .NET Software Developer to join our team of skilled developers who are passionate about delivering complex system development projects across a variety of products and technologies.
You will have good development skills, enthusiasm and be keen to learn. This role offers superb opportunities to develop and progress your career.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role of Software Developer will be responsible and accountable for:
* Ensuring that all software developed satisfies the business requirements as specified.
* Writing clean and healthy structured, well-documented code.
* Building future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team.
* Delivering code that is well tested and consistently error free.
* Keeping up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
* Liaising with the relevant areas of the business to ensure solutions are built to agreed standards.
* Planning, allocating and carrying out work as part of a team and individually against set objectives and targets.
* Maintaining the firm’s existing applications, analysing user problems and delivering solutions.
* Log issues requiring escalation with the relevant supplier and manage them through to resolution.
* Manage the process and implementation of change requests to the existing applications.
* Evaluating, re-engineering and improving efficiency of existing applications.
* Develop reports as specified by the business, using the appropriate tools available.
* To ensure documentation is created and maintained for current systems and all system developments.
* Ensure that ITs’ customers and external suppliers receive the highest levels of service.
* Proactively contribute ideas that will improve IT working practices and the solutions delivered to its’ customers.
* Working with the IT Helpdesk to ensure rapid response to all problems, ideas, issues and queries raised.
* Work with the IT Training Team in order to help them prepare and deliver training courses and user guides for the solutions created.
* Provide cover for the File Opener and Data Cleanser when appropriate, including client and contact creation.
* Maintaining and creating Word Templates.
* Provide occasional cover on the IT Service Desk resolving issues where possible or logging the call within the Service Desk System.
* Occasional travel between offices will be required.
* Complete any reasonable tasks allocated.
* Proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies.
* Ensuring that all documentation is written to a consistently high level and adheres to brand/template standards.
* Assisting with critical support issues where your experience is required to ascertain the issue quickly and to find the most appropriate solution.
* Use your experience when reviewing and auditing legacy code.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
* 2+ years’ experience as a software developer
* Proficient with Microsoft .NET framework, C# and MVC
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Proven ability of tackling challenging projects
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server technology
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office products such as; Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio & Project
* Self-motivating with a flexible approach
* Ability to motivate the team and the company to meet deadlines
* Experience with SCRUM and other Agile methodologies