Social Housing Solicitor – 4 Years+ PQE
Our Client is a leading UK and international law firm which provides high-quality legal advice tailored to both businesses and individuals.
The Social Housing team delivers a high-quality legal service and this role will specialise in charging work for housing association borrowers but provide opportunities to get involved in a number of key real estate areas in the affordable housing sector. Responsible for undertaking fee-earning work and providing a profitable contribution to the work of the department. This role brings opportunities for career progression. For interested candidates, there will also be the opportunity to lead on projects including; tenanted portfolio sales, purchases and stock swaps; commercial property work for housing association landlords (including new leases, lease management matters and training); overseeing a range of asset management matters including programmes of disposals of land and dwellings; and deeds of easements and complex infrastructure agreements for newly constructed residential schemes.
Key aspects of the role:
• Involvement in the security aspects of a range of bonds, private placements and bank facilities;
• Leading charging transactions (with appropriate support) including all aspects of drafting, negotiation, dealing with conditions precedent and completion;
• Dealing with the due diligence on large development schemes;
• Leading on portfolio reviews, and rectification work including variations to section 106 agreements, nomination agreements and title documents;
• Overseeing other team members in order to deliver projects, often on tight timescales;
• Assisting with the training and development of junior team members;
• Providing advice to borrowers on the loan security potential of social housing, general residential and mixed-use sites;
• Advising other internal teams on various aspects of the charging process and related documentation;
• Developing relationships with clients and key intermediaries;
• Leading on individual, team and office-based business development initiatives;
• Dealing with the management of own files, from inception to completion;
• Ensure compliance with professional duties and the firm’s internal procedures
You will possess relevant experience within the Social Housing, Real Estate Sector coupled with strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
Confidence in leading charging transactions (often with values in excess of £100m) and experience in developing and mentoring team members is highly desirable.
Origin Legal is handling a number of Property Solicitor vacancies throughout the South of England. If you are a Solicitor looking to consider your options then please do get in touch for a confidential discussion.
Origin Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.