Senior Support Team Leader
My client are an extremely reputable and recognised firm whose name in the market is associated with some of the top firms across the globe. My client have offices across the world and is now looking to appoint a Senior Legal Support Manager to come in and manage a teams of paralegals and assistants.
The ideal candidate will have experience with working in a Large Law Firm, ideally within the Commercial or Corporate departments.
If succesful the legal support manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of a team of legal support assistants, overseeing the workload and the quality of work delivered by their team. You will act as a point of contact for fee earners across the global firm, taking instructions for work to be delivered by their team and allocating it to the appropriate legal support assistants using workflow and work allocation software as required.
Other duties include:
* Key point of contact for fee earners requesting work to be carried out by legal support assistants;
* Taking clear instructions from fee earners, gaining clarification of details when necessary;
* Allocating work to legal support assistants, using workflow and work allocation software as required;
* Overseeing and managing the workload of their team;
* Assuring the quality and consistency of the work delivered by their team by coordinating training, peer review and personally reviewing work as necessary;
* Maintaining a legal support service by their team that is responsive to both lawyer and external client needs;
* Ensuring that fee earner expectations are managed and facilitating a smooth flow of work between their team and fee earners to ensure seamless end to end delivery; and
* Coordinating the smooth handover of work from their team to another team of legal support assistants if required by working hours constraints or work volume.
* Gathering and collating feedback from fee earners to contribute to the continuous improvement of the work delivered;
* Ensuring that new firmwide or department-specific improvement initiatives or guidelines are implemented by their team;
* Attending regular meetings with other legal support managers and the Head of Legal Services Centre to ensure a high quality, consistent service from all teams;
* Responsible for the implementation of agreed changes to established processes by their team; and
* Contributing to the continuous improvement of the overall service provided by the Legal Services Centre by refining and updating relevant policies and procedures and standardising / documenting working procedures as required.
People Management and Development:
* Line management responsibilities for their team of legal support assistants, including annual appraisals, interim reviews and performance management;
* Responsible for coordinating the training of new recruits and the continuous development of their team;
* Initial point of contact for any issues arising concerning legal support assistants in their team, resolving these when possible and escalating them when necessary; and
* Input into the planning of their team's size and structure.
The type of candidate my client are looking for will have a law degree with at least a 2:1 or above accompanied by an LPC and Man management expeirence is required.
Feel this is the next step in your career? Send your CV to me for this amazing Manchester based opportunity!
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.