about 1 year ago
Senior Immigration Advisor (EMEA)
* This position is located in the UK, at the BAL London office.
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the UK, as BAL will not be providing sponsorship for this position.
* This position requires 2-4 years of UK/gobal corporate immigration experience.
OVERVIEW: The Sr. Immigration Advisor will report directly to a supervising, Attorney/Solicitor/Migration Agent/Immigration Manager, and will work as an integral member of the team assisting with case preparation and case management.
In addition to duties performed as an Immigration Advisor, the Senior Immigration Advisor will:
* Provide excellent client service
* Engage in report generation for self and others
* Evaluate problematic cases and provide strategies and/or solutions to issues
* May provide training and guidance to Immigration Advisors
* May be responsible for managing various corporate accounts; serve as a point of contact for the company contact and manager in his/her area(s) of expertise
* Serve as a resource and often provide training and guidance to Attorneys and legal staff in his/her area(s) of expertise
* Participate in projects and/or committees as related to the area of expertise
* Assist with setting BAL policies/procedures/protocols in area(s) of expertise
* May be asked to write and prepare materials to be used internally and possibly externally
* Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
* Subject matter expertise in global immigration services
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to manage multiple client cases and work within strict timelines
* Mastery of immigration service skills
* Proven ability to handle a high volume of cases
* Proven ability to handle complex, challenging cases with thoroughness and proficiency
* Proven ability to manage corporate clients as it relates to area of specialization
* Comprehensive knowledge of Team practice
* Ability to quickly absorb, learn and become skilled at a variety of legal work
* Proven ability to be the “Go To” person on Team o Able and willing to share knowledge with others and effectively communicate policies/procedures/protocols to all
* Requires 2-4 years of progressive experience as an Immigration Advisor (EMEA or UK in-bound) and demonstrated ability to perform the functions of the position.
Minimum Education Level:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent