3 months ago
The firm offers excellent prospects for progression and our culture provides all our people with world-class support to achieve their ambitions and goals.
Bird & Bird is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment and we are an equal opportunities employer. We support an agile working environment and are happy to discuss flexible working.
An opportunity has arisen to join our expanding Registration Desk team where each Compliance Officer is involved in conflicts, AML and sanctions work. Registration Desk is the firm's system for registering new clients and matters, including conflict checks and anti-money laundering (AML) compliance.
Accordingly, this recruitment is likely to provide the candidate with opportunities to learn and become proficient in areas beyond their current area of expertise. Training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Formulates solutions to problems when escalated to the Deputy Compliance Manager or Compliance Manager regarding processes and procedures;
* Provides comprehensive, structured training to new joiners into the Reg Desk, tailoring the training to the individual's needs when required;
* First point of escalation before the Deputy Manager and Compliance Manager for any simple queries;
* Coaches and mentors Risk & Compliance Officers ensuring support is provided on the straight forward queries and escalations;
* Encourages responsibility for team work ensuring all team members are working effectively together;
* Provides constructive feedback and suggestions to the management team when resolving backlogs in different work streams;
* Attends fortnightly meeting with the Reg Desk Management team to discuss work allocation, projects, escalations and other issues that should be brought to attention of the managers.
Ideally, you will have previous experience working within a Risk and Compliance function within a law firm.
For further details on this role please click on the link below to review the full job specification or contact Rachel Boyle, Recruitment Officer, for a confidential discussion about the vacancy.