11 months ago
A career in our Mergers and Acquisitions practice, within Deals Corporate Finance services, will provide you the opportunity to deliver innovative deal solutions to our clients, providing advice and support, from initiation through to deal completion. In short, we're a part of helping some of the world's leading companies across industries originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team offers strategic advice to investors and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. As part of our team, you'll help our clients by providing client specific commercial insight, market and competitor overviews, and investment/divestment advice and modelling.
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join the London Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) tax team and specialise in stamp taxes. The role is based in More London. You will be called upon to play a key role in delivering quality stamp tax advice (stamp duty, stamp duty land tax, land and buildings transaction tax, annual tax on enveloped dwellings, stamp duty reserve tax etc) on M&A transactions.
The M&A Tax team in London is the largest specialist team in the PwC worldwide M&A network with over 130 partners and staff. Ranging from Private Equity Houses to Public Sector clients, the team has a truly global reach facilitating global transactions across different territories. Within the team there are sub-teams with specialisms in Funds, Management, Stamp Taxes, Sale and Purchase Agreements, Transfer Pricing and Global Operating Model Advisory and VAT. We also work closely with the Deals and Transaction Services (TS) Teams, Capital Markets and Consulting teams at PwC.
* As a stamp tax specialist you would also be part of the UK stamp taxes network, which has over 25 specialists spread out across the UK and advises on transactions in a range of areas, including; real estate, corporate reorganisations, banking and capital markets and asset management from private clients / private business to FTSE 100 and multinationals.
* Performing Tax Due Diligence reviews which involve looking at existing and potential tax issues, tax compliance and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses.
* Provide Tax Structuring advice to help clients operate their business in the most tax efficient manner e.g. optimal acquisition or disposal structures from stamp perspective.
* Deal Implementation, to assist with appropriate documentation of deals, in accordance with the proposed Tax Structuring.
* Pre and post deal services, including assisting clients with stamp aspects of pre and post-acquisition re-structuring.
The role offers high levels of responsibility, the satisfaction of working on interesting and challenging assignments and participation in a successful team as well as opportunities to develop new offerings and ways of delivering stamp tax advice for our clients.
About the role
Your day to day duties will include;
* Managing stamp tax advice and implications on an ever changing deal portfolio.
* Delivering bespoke stamp tax advice, working closely with M&A specialists as well as other parts of PwC in order to best service your client’s needs.
* Working closely with other members of the team on a wide variety of deals.
* Experience providing stamp tax advice for a professional services firm or Government Agency
* Evidence of managing projects for key clients
* Experience of leading and coaching others
* Experience in building and leveraging internal and external relationships and networks
* An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines
* Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others
* Experience of advising on UK stamp taxes
Ability to work well in a team
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.