Residential Property Senior Associate - London
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a top tier firm looking for a Senior Associate to join their growing Middle Eastern Residential Property team in London.
The firm prides itself on the pleasant working conditions of their offices and the friendly culture embedded in the Firm. The qualities they look for in their people are commitment, enthusiasm, flexibility, the ability to work as part of a team and the technical excellence to enable them to produce high quality work for their clients. Diversity is recognised and valued in the workplace and the Firm supports the development of its people by investing in them and providing appropriate training so that employees have the opportunity to excel in their professional careers. This has led to a high retention rate of Partners and Staff throughout the Firm. For this Firm, success stems from their focus on developing long-term relationships with clients and staff alike. They are well known for their positive working environment, friendly, informal atmosphere and a strong emphasis on developing each individual.
The growing Residential team is based in London and consists of 4 Partners and 6 Fee Earners. The team act on high value residential property transactions both within prime central London and regional England. This position will work within the Middle East side of the residential property team. The Middle East team consists of 2 Partners and 2 Fee Earners. The Middle East team act for international Ultra High Net Worth individuals, families and companies looking to invest in high-end property in prime locations in UK. The team also act for a large number of private banks providing lending over residential property including advising on the structure as well as the property due diligence.
You will be involved in all aspects of residential property transactions including acquisitions, disposals and financing of UK real estate for international clients predominantly from the Middle East region as well as some domestic clients. Transaction values will be a mixture of new build properties typically up to £2 million, and high value second hand properties ranging between £5 million - £20 million. Responsibilities will include drafting and negotiating documents, raising enquiries, preparing Reports on Title, responding to a high-volume of emails daily and managing a significant number and time sensitive transactions at any one time whilst supervising the paralegal in the team.
- Responsibility and ownership of own files and high volume caseload;
- Sales and purchases of residential properties (both freehold and leasehold) with financing;
- Dealing with lender enquiries and refinances (on borrower side) and advising clients on standard mortgage finance documents (both conventional UK and Islamic structures);
- Acting for banks (both conventional UK and Islamic structures) on property financing transactions, communicating with borrowers solicitors and satisfying banks conditions;
- Drafting letters / reports / emails as part of a transaction or when giving advice to clients;
- Drafting / negotiating transaction documents;
- Preparation of SDLT forms and registrations;
- Managing own file administration;
- Preparing completion statements as part of a residential property transaction;
- Opening new client files, including completing conflict searches,
This role will be pressurised from time to time and candidates will need to be organised and able to use their own initiative and be quick-thinking and flexible in their approach to their work. You must be able to deal with clients, their advisers and others, in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Minimum 6 year PQE who gained experience of residential leasehold property management experience post qualification;
- Residential experience, including dealing with sales and purchase transactions, mortgages on house, flats and off plan new builds.
- Experience of acting with Islamic banks on financing is desirable but not required;
- A good team player with a willingness to pick up work and support colleagues during busy periods;
- Ability to manage a volume of active time sensitive files independently and meet deadlines whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail;
- Works in a highly organised manner to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to understand and deal with complex title structures;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with both team members and clients;
- Excellent client handling skills;
- Confidence in giving advice, listening to clients and being commercial;
- Self-starter with plenty of drive and initiative;
- The work is fast paced and it is varied. The role requires someone with a lively and analytical mind with good common sense and an understanding of commercial issues;
- Strong academic background;
- Ability to supervise junior team members;
- Experience must have been gained in a reputable London firm.
- Agile working policy.
- Salary up to £93k.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Looking for Solicitor jobs in UK? Browse hundreds of latest Solicitor vacancies updated daily on one of the UK's top law job sites. Simply Law Jobs prides itself in helping thousands of people build their Solicitor careers in UK.
Click below button to browse other Solicitor opportunities in UK:
If you're an employer looking for Solicitor recruitment, get in touch with us by clicking on the button below: