6 months ago
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an ambitious Real Estate lawyer to join our market leading team.
The role offers exposure to some of our most significant clients as well as real prospects of career progression.
About the role
Working as part of this leading European Real Estate team, which spans multiple jurisdictions, you will experience the fullest possible range of real estate transactions advising all types of investors, developers, financers and occupiers in relation to a variety of projects.
Known for its client focused approach and its thought leadership, at CMS you will be working with colleagues in the real estate sector with a wide range of specialisms.
You will regularly deal with £multi-million pounds transactions and act for some of the largest investors (ranging from institutional investors to private equity and overseas investors) and developers in the country. The CMS Real Estate team not only advises on all of the traditional real estate asset classes but also is known for its leading role in a number of the more recent alternative real estate asset classes including student accommodation, hotels and leisure, renewable energy and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have the following;
* Be a qualified solicitor with 4-6 PQE
* Be able to demonstrate an interest in, and enthusiasm for, the commercial property industry
* Have excellent written and oral communication skills
* Have gained excellent relevant experience from a recognised real estate department of a major or medium sized firm
* Have relevant experience including dealing with transactions structured through corporate and offshore vehicles
* Have a strong academic background
* Demonstrate the ambition to succeed and commitment to business development and client relationship management
* Be commercially orientated with good business acumen and a commitment to innovation
* Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Be well-organised with strong administration and time management skills and the ability and drive to meet demanding deadlines
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Claire Keen, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.