6 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Litigation & Dispute Mgmt
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is one of the largest global law firms with 700 Partners and 2,300 lawyers in total across 62 offices in 30 countries. We are proud to be named as the UK’s strongest law firm brand by the Acritas Law Firm Brand Index 2016 and to have won the award for Innovation in Legal Expertise at the FT Innovation Lawyer Awards 2016.
We require a Qualified Senior Associate to add to our busy, highly regarded Legal 500 and Chambers ranked global IP team. You will support the partners in providing first rate client service on a range of IP matters for key clients of the firm.
The Cambridge IP practice offers a wide range of complex and dynamic legal work for a range of clients from start-ups to major global names. Your caseload will be varied and you will have the opportunity to specialise as your career progresses.
• IP disputes, including patent/SPC infringement and validity litigation, IP licensing and entitlement disputes.
• drafting, review and negotiation of complex IP contractual arrangements, including IP licensing deals and R&D collaboration arrangements.
• M&A support work for IP-rich businesses, in particular mid-cap and VC-backed high growth companies.
You will be expected to manage your own matters and you will have regular client contact and appropriate responsibility.
Everyone in the team is encouraged to get involved in networking and business development events.
Skills and experience:
• You will have worked for a recognized City/regional practice/in-house with an in depth experience of IP law. Strong contentious experience is essential, as is knowledge of patent law and patent litigation.
• Post-graduate IP diploma (Oxford/Nottingham/UCL) would be an advantage, as would a science degree.
• Time working overseas/an international background and skill set will be hugely beneficial and experience working with multi-jurisdictional contracts is essential
• We are looking for candidates with between five and ten years of legal experience working in this area of specialism although those with more or less experience will be considered as long as you can demonstrate the key criteria
• You will be able to operate at a fast pace in a vibrant open plan environment.
• You will be academically strong with experience of working on complex matters.
• You will use your strong communication skills to build effective relationships with existing and new clients and with other teams within the firm.
Typically, you will be 5-10 years PQE, to have gained the required breadth and depth of experience for this role.
A band of PQE as advertised on a role does not preclude applications from those candidates that may have more or less PQE. Our intention is only to indicate a guideline as to how long we would expect a qualified lawyer to have practised so as to have gained the necessary skills for the role as described.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm committed to diversity. We’re driven by new ideas; we’re excited by new approaches; and we’re also refreshingly down-to-earth. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Our Cambridge team operates a number of flexible working arrangements which support a richer working experience.
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We’re driven by new ideas; we’re excited by new approaches; and we’re also refreshingly down-to-earth. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.