9 months ago
Closing date: 18th October 2018
About the team
The Midlands Practice consists of 3 networked offices in Birmingham, East Midlands (situation close to East Midlands Airport) and Milton Keynes. Birmingham is our largest office outside of London.
With more than 500 clients and some 600 partners and staff in the region, the Midlands Assurance practice is a great place to build a career. We have a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through major public sector organisations to FTSE100 and large global businesses.
The role can be based in our Birmingham and may require some travel to cover the Midlands region, and potentially to support national projects, by exception.
In this position you will have a role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. You will gain exposure to working on a wide variety of clients and a wide range of work including external audit, internal audit and financial due diligence. In addition you will also be involved with training, managing and appraising staff.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. Our clients are often well known brands, covering most industry areas, and many have broad international reach.
Our Assurance services, including external and internal audit, use the latest technology and off shore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service.We have a diverse client base and work as a diverse team, welcoming people from a range of backgrounds. We are an inclusive organisation who celebrates difference. Outside of our client work, the office has a great community and social programme. We pride ourselves on our community affairs activities which over the recent years have included various fundraising days and volunteering support for local charities. All our staff are actively encouraged to participate and are given the time to do so.
About the role
You'll be involved with:
• Providing audit and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities;
• Supporting the co-ordination for audit clients including planning, day to day control, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments;
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients;
• Working and liaising with other members of the audit team, and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality client service;
As a Senior Associate within the Midlands you will:
• Provide audit and business advice to a variety of clients
• Provide an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day to day control of the audit team, liaising with
• clients and completing audit assignments
• Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients
• Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high
• quality clients service
• Report directly to a partner, director, senior manager or manager
• Have supervisory responsibility for teams of up to 10 people
• Coach and train other staff
• Some assignments may require travel and staying away from home.
Essential skills and experience
• ACA qualification
• Experience in auditing large organisations
• US GAAP and/or UK GAAP experience
• Demonstrated team player
• Proven track record of establishing client relationships
• Ability to work to work on your own initiative
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.