2 months ago
8 years +
Birketts is a full service, top 100 UK law firm, operating in Cambridge, Chelmsford, Ipswich, Norwich and the surrounding areas.
With a rich heritage spanning over 150 years we’ve built an enviable track record advising businesses, institutions and individuals in the UK and internationally.
Throughout our history our ethos has remained simple: we provide clear legal advice and value and insight to our clients.
We set out to truly understand our clients’ needs and help realise their ambitions.
We believe that through this approach and a combination of technical excellence and high quality service we can develop long-lasting partnerships and become our clients' solicitor of choice.
Our commercial property department is ranked Top ranked Chambers UK 2017 and Top Tier Legal 500 2016. Providing a service which covers all aspects of the construction and property industry - development and investment, planning, secured lending, landlord and tenant, agricultural and residential. We have developed a reputation for having one of the best regarded and largest dedicated property teams within any firm outside London, numbering over 70 specialists.
Our teams have extensive combined experience in dealing with:
* Conditional and unconditional acquisitions and disposals
* Affordable housing - planning matters
* Portfolio acquisitions and disposals
* Option agreements and strategic land planning
* Consortium/collaboration agreements
* Overage arrangements
* Mixed Site assembly and development
* City/town regeneration schemes
* Contentious and non-contentious construction work
* Licensed property work
* Secured lending
* Site regeneration for both the public and private sectors
* Reviewing and managing your team/employee competencies and training needs to enable them to perform their role effectively within the information security space;
* Ensuring that your team/ employees are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the achievement of information security objectives.
* Partner/Director/Managers have the authority to arrange training and awareness activities for the employees under their direction, within budget constraints and act to prevent an information security incident from occurring or escalating, where possible.
Idealling seeking a Senior Associate, Legal Director or lateral Partner, from 8 years PQE + gained within a well regarded city, regional or national firm with a well developed knowledge in all areas of commercial property and a particular bias towards commercial development work.
He/she would be expected to play an active role in marketing and practice development as well as providing a high level of service to existing clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercial property lawyer to join a successful team in our Norwich office in a growing firm which enjoys an excellent reputation and can offer good career prospects.
Competitive salary (dependent on experience/ability) and benefits including pension scheme, private medical insurance, permanent health insurance, life assurance, bonus scheme, holiday from 25 days, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers.
Working for one of the regions leading commercial law firms, our lawyers are engaged in the highest quality work in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The information provided in relation to PQE is provided for guidance only and will not be determinative in the recruitment decision. Any applicant with more or less PQE than that mentioned in the vacancy details will be considered on their individual merits.
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
13 days ago
only 8 days until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close